Maine
Options

second guessing my shoes

So, here is my dress:

Here are the shoes I was planning to wear:

And here are the shoes I recently acquired:

I am thinking about wearing the green ones!  I think the wedges will be more comfortable, and my first idea about my shoes was to get a colorful wedge heel (which I abandoned because my mom wasn't thrilled with the idea and the shoes I loved were out of stock in my size on Zappos forever).  The dress is hemmed for the ivory ones, but they are roughly the same height, so I don't think it's a big deal.  Our primary colors are blues and purples, but we are going to have pops of bright green in the centerpieces.  

Any and all opinions welcome :)

Re: second guessing my shoes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have the same ivory shoes!  haha.  My FI and I are almost the same height, so I needed to have something low.  I love those shoes.  The green ones are pretty awesome though.  I'd say go for the green and have fun!  At the very least get some cute pictures taken with them.  
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are my shoes:

So I TOTALLY vote for color.  Initially, my mom was NOT a fan of having colored shoes.  She kept saying "But brides wear white shoes" because she's so old-school like that.  BUT, when we were at my fitting and I put the colored shoes on, and she saw everything together (my dress has a red sash), she totally changed her mind about the shoes and now she loves them.

Love Love Love your dress too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    littlefieldmjlittlefieldmj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The green shoes rock - totally go for the green!  BTW - loooove the dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  Now just to convince my mom--she's trying to make sure I'm "bridal enough." 

hcorrigan--I've seen dresses with the red/maroon detailing before, is there any cultural or traditional significance to it, or just a style thing?  I'd been wondering that, and it looks from your sig like you have that type of dress (beautiful, btw).
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I get to go pick it up for my final fitting tonight!

However, there is no cultural significance for me.  For the longest time, I've been in love with the dresses at DB that have the sash options.  I tried on a bunch of different dresses but my top three all had the sash. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you need to appease your mother perhaps you could have both shoes on hand that day?  and wear the green ones to the reception?

(i have a hard-to-please mother)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love fun shoes and if you think they will be more comfortable than go with em!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say the same thing as slwager, wear the ivory ones for the ceremony and change into the green ones for the reception,
    My shoes are green too :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards