May 2013 Weddings
Options

MOH Drama... What Should I Do (long)?

I’m hoping you ladies may have some advice for me regarding the recent issues around my MOH. 

I’m giving you this background on her so you can understand what kind of person she is: 

My MOH is my cousin, and I asked her to be MOH over a year ago (my own fault, I should’ve waited to choose until closer to the wedding).  When I asked her, she was in the process of separating with her (now ex) husband.  In the months following their separation, she really changed.  They split 50/50 custody of their kids, and then she started going out to bars almost every night, bringing a few different men home, one of whom her kids saw laying with her in bed (not having sex).  When her husband moved out, she asked a friend and her boyfriend to move in, along with her 2 kids.  So a crazy, unexpected change for my cousin’s kids.  We drifted apart a bit over this time, because she got angry/sad when I didn’t want to go out with her and drink on weeknights.  I’ve never been that crazy of a partier.  She also got remarried last month, after dating a guy she met online and only dated for a month.  They moved in, along with his 2 kids.  So there are 2 kids per bedroom (all boys, but still).  I don’t want to judge her parenting, but I feel like her kids have gotten neglected while she decided to live out her youth that she missed out on because she got pregnant and married young.  She has turned into an incredibly immature and selfish person. 

Anyway, recently her and my FI got into an argument on FB over policital stuff.  They both probably regret what they said, but I agreed and sided with FI, and she brought me into the middle of it.  Now she won’t talk to me, and I am unsure what to do about for my bachelorette party.  Back before she got married (this was probably in late October, early November), she suggested we go to Chicago (where one of my BM lives) for the party, and created an event on FB and I started inviting people (she made me a host so I could invite my friends, she doesn’t know many of them).  Now, people have started saving and have accepted the invite, and with the party scheduled for St. Patrick’s Day weekend, transportation and lodging really needs to be booked, but she won’t talk to me.   

What should I do?  Should I call her and ask her about it?  Or start telling people the trip likely won’t happen?  I don’t want to say, “hey, about my bachelorette party” because that is not great etiquette-wise.  I definitely don’t want to cut her out of my life forever, because family gatherings would be super awkward.

EDIT:  Sorry about the font, stupid TK won't let me paste special.
May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOH Drama... What Should I Do (long)?

• Options
    She started the plans and invited you so she is the person you will have to go to to get information. If she chooses not to be your MOH fine, but you need to figure out waht is happening so your other guests are not inconvenienced. YOu can ask her if everything is on schedule, and what information you need to make your travel plans. 
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Sorry, after rereading, I know a lot of that background really isn't relevant.

I just feel bad after the whole argument to say, "hey, I know we haven't talked in a while and you and FI are on the outs, but how is the bachelorette planning coming along?"  I suppose I should probably just first ask if everything is okay with us, but it's hard not to get upset about everything that's happened between us lately.
  • Options
    If anyone is wondering, I texted her and we are getting together for coffee tomorrow.  I may be dreading it a bit, but it'll be nice to clear the air! :)
  • Options
    It's tough to deal with. Hope it goes well!
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    So how did coffee go??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got about 6 inches of snow so we had to postpone to Thursday. I'll keep you guys posted! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards