Maryland

Reception sites in Harford & Balt Co - anyone been here?

We've narrowed it down to 4 places:

/> Harford County: Mountain Branch (Joppa)
/> Harford County: ceremony @ the light house & reception at Bulle Rock (Havre de Grace)
/> Baltimore County: The Mansion at Valley Country Club (Towson)
/> Baltimore County: Gray Rock Mansion (Pikesville)

If anyone has had their wedding or attended a wedding at any of these places, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reception sites in Harford & Balt Co - anyone been here?

• swelchphrswelchphr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aewolf13aewolf13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at the Lighthouse in Havre de Grace, last summer. It was beautiful to have it under the lighthouse right by the water. Unfortunately it rained on them, but otherwise I would say its a nice place. THe photographer was able to get some pics from up in the lighthouse also, which looked amazing. the reception was in a tent outdoors right there-good for small wedding, but it was a little crowded if you had over 50 guest I would say....
  • nancyrn526nancyrn526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at the valley mansion country club and it is beautiful there.  I've been to about 2 dozen weddings over the past few yrs bc everyone seems to be getting married and that was one of the most beautiful. I know my friend had a good experience and said it was affordable.  Art Donovan sat at the bar during the recpetion and was mingling with the guests which was pretty cool too.
  • edited December 2011

I looked at Mountain Branch for my July 2011 wedding because I liked the tent idea. I checked it out when it was set up for 90 people and I would have twice that amount, so I ruled it out for me. Plus, to get to the bathroom, you have to wind your way through the bar and towards the front of the restaurant. Wasn't a fan of that. But the grounds are beautiful and pics would be amaxing there if you are having a smaller guest list.

I ended up booking Bulle Rock Golf Course! I am from Havre de Grace, my sister had her reception there and we both worked there during college! I absolutely love it!! My sister did not have any problems with her reception there (fingers crossed that I won't either). I like the food options and that guests can wander around on the deck during cocktail hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards