New York-Upstate
Options

Italian cookies near Saratoga/Albany area

I am looking for a baker of pastry shop that makes very good italian cookies or pastries to give out as favors for our June wedding next year! Any help would be awesome!!! It can be anywhere from Lake George to Albany. Thank you ! Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker
148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Italian cookies near Saratoga/Albany area

• Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmm Bella Napoli in Latham/Loudonville area.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sunmoon83sunmoon83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Villa Italia in Schenectady (just outside of Albany) has amazing pastries and desserts.  Our family has used them for years and they really are one of the best in the area for traditional Italian pastries!
  • Options
    molls332233molls332233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!!! I am going to check both of those out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Villa Italia! That is where we had our wedding cake from. My mom loves the bakery the other poster mentioned.
  • Options
    kdf80kdf80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance is Italian so we are getting 1 black and white cookie for every guest along with 3 rainbow cookies per guest.  That is in additon to the candy buffet that we are already planning for their favors.

The cookies though are a surprise for most... except those needed to help FH and I get these together and to the reception!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also try Civitello's in Schenectady.  They have very good pastries and their pinoli (pine nut) cookies are amazing.  I think they rival Villa Italia's and maybe a bit less expensive!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can't beat Villa Italia...their gelato is oh so yummy!!! Bella Napoli is fantastic as well....either way, no one will complain!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My first job ever was at bella napoli and while things there are always delicious, overall Villa Italia has better presentation and appearance and is equally delicious.
  • Options
    yecatsf51289yecatsf51289 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Cookie Factory in Troy NY is amazing... and coming from me, thats a big deal, because I am not a cookie person! The service there is great as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards