Maine

What type of head table are you doing?

So, I've been thinking about the whole head table thing -- what are you all thinking about doing?
Anniversary

Re: What type of head table are you doing?

• edited December 2011
    I think we're going to do a sweetheart table. Initially I thought that would be kind of weird, but I was thinking that since so many of our bridal party are married or in long-term relationships, it would be nice for them to be able to sit with their SOs, and we wouldn't be able to fit the whole BP AND their SOs at one table.

I originally felt like a sweetheart table would feel like we were on display or something, but someone on another board mentioned that with all the stuff going on during the wedding, it would be likely the only time the two of us would actually be able to sit and talk, which I thought would be nice! Plus, we'll probably be walking around saying hi to people a lot anyways, so how much will we actually be sitting at the table?
    Anniversary
  • annjam73annjam73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a sweetheart...it just made sense with the type of reception we are having...apps and dessert only...more on the casual side...people will be able to pick their own tables (no seat assignments)
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing sweetheart for the same reason as you, but we're doing a table next to us for our parents & our children.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to do a sweetheart table, but DH was convinced we'd look like we were on display and that everyone would look at us.  I reminded him that people were going to look at us regardless, since it was OUR WEDDING DAY...  He wouldn't back down, and I didn't continue to fight it.  
    But, looking back now, it would have been the only time alone together that day, which would have been nice, since we had zero time together until after the reception.  Everyone does look at you, and everyone wants to talk to you, and everyone wants to take your picture and dance with you, etc.  Present it to him that having your own table will be your few minutes to connect on your one and only VERY special day.  After the meal, you won't be likely to sit down the rest of the night anyway...
  • Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a different kind of set up. I don't want a head table, but I really don't want a sweetheart either. I would like a table (probably in the front row) with me, my (then) DH, best man, MOH, and their dates. The rest of the wedding party has additional friends/family coming that they can sit with.

It seems like a decent compromise to me.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a sweetheart table as it will be easiest considering the layout of our venue.  However,we haven't decided if we are going to have our bridal party at 2 separate tables on either side of us or if we are going to mix them in with the rest of our guests.
  • britafricabritafrica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing one big long family style table (25 guests).  Thor & I at the head of table, our folks to the sides, and a mix of guests from there.  Cheers, B.
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the bridal party and their SO at the head table with me.

How many are in your bp?
  • edited December 2011
    We've got eight total. Well, seven right now, since FI is procrastinating picking this last groomsman...yeah, the wedding is in less than four months...
    Anniversary
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There probably is enough room if you use the backwall that faces the parking lot for the head table.  My best friend used that wall for the head table and there was 14 of us including them in the wedding party.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards