Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

I B&M how out of shape I am. Got back on the treadmill for the first time in months yesterday, I just about died after a mile. I'm hoping to be at LEAST to a 5K by the cowtown, if not a 10K (not to mention, cowtown is right about the time I need to go for my first dress fitting, so it would be nice to be in better shape by then).

Also, I B&M this last paper that's standing between me and graduation. I have 3 finals, but they'll all be no sweat, I just have to get this stupid paper done, and yet what am I doing? B&Ming on TK. Go me. =\

Re: B&M Monday

• We're doing the half at cowtown! It will be my 5th in a row!
  • I'm hoping that later in 2013 I'll be worked up to a half and can find one to run, and maaaaaaaaaaybe the full by Cowtown 2014. But we'll see. FI wanted to try the half by cowtown, but there's no way I could work up to that by then.
  • If you need any advice, just ask! I have run MANY halfs, and one full. The full was pretty awful overall, and I don't know if I'll do another one. There were a lot of bad circumstances out of my control (weather), but it was just so so miserable, and my toenails were jacked up for 10 months. Do you know how sad it is to not get a pedicure for 10 months???
    Here's a picture of me when I saw my mom at mile 18 and started crying:

• How long did you have to train before the first half you did?
  • I have run shorter distances since high school, so I was already regularly running 2-3 miles at a time. With that base, it took me 8 or 9 weeks to train. I had never run more than 3 at the time. I was ahead of the curve, though, because I had general fitness and I didn't have any weight to lose. Not that you do! I just know people that had to train longer simply to lose weight so that it was easier on their bodies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-146?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:2163a958-31c3-4676-97f0-b36e5b893db5Post:821844e1-8172-42bc-b53f-76770450f64f">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have run shorter distances since high school, so I was already regularly running 2-3 miles at a time. With that base, it took me 8 or 9 weeks to train. I had never run more than 3 at the time. I was ahead of the curve, though, because I had general fitness and I didn't have any weight to lose. Not that you do! I just know people that had to train longer simply to lose weight so that it was easier on their bodies.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, don't worry, I'm not offended. I probably need to drop about 5-10, and I'd LIKE to drop about 10-15 to get back to pre-college weight by the wedding. I'm actually kind of amazed that I only managed to put on about 10-15 throughout all of college (though part of that is because I lost about 5-7 lbs a couple years ago, so I've just put that and then a little extra on since then). I'm hoping without school and 2 jobs (Should *crossing fingers* hopefully be down to just 1 part time job that's paying a lot better in January, with FI at full time+benefits) I'll have the time to actually focus on working out, and the money to actually buy and make healthier foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards