Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement announcements ettiquitte

After talking to my Mom and MOH we would like to send out some engagement announcements. Even though the wedding is not for several more years. While general etiquette says you have to invite anyone you send an announcement to, to the wedding. Our wedding is going to be extremely small. About 15 people or so because it is going to be a destination wedding. We are having a reception back home after tho, where more people will be able to come. So here are my questions-

Can I send out announcements?

Who can we send them to? Just the 15 or so people? But what about everyone else I don't talk to on a daily basis but would like to know???

thanks!!
Cat

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement announcements ettiquitte

• Options
    Agree. Send a wedding announcement after you're married if you're having a small event.  Just put the engagement in the paper.
  • Options
    Unfortunately we have people who live all over the world. So the paper idea doesn't work. Calling people is kind of out of the picture because I have 2 kids... and long story short any time i get on the phone, even to order pizza, they need something. Any other ideas?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I received an engagement announcement, I might assume I would eventually be invited to the wedding.  My only suggestion is to write letters to your friends and family and mention your engagement.  It may take a while, but you said your wedding is several years away.  Everyone will eventually find out. 
  • Options
    I agree... either send them letters mentioning the engagement or not at all.
    If you're inviting more people to the reception at home, you might send announcements for the actual wedding with an invitation to the reception.
  • Options
    Tell a few key people with big mouths.  News like that spreads without you calling everyone directly.  
  • Options
    Maybe make a home-made news paper anouncement on the computer and print these out and send them? If you got some news paper looking paper to print them on I think that it would be a nice way of at least letting people know.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards