California-Los Angeles

Having my first wedding frustration!

We've had to change wedding locations (initially had a Maui trip planned) and are now looking at So Cal. We're open to pretty much anywhere we can have a beach ceremony but I cannot for the life of me find a reception venue for around 30 people at about $50 a person that has a bar. I've seen some ladies find a venue then get a caterer and I'm definitely open to that...would love something with a view. Santa Barbara is my first choice (Oxnard, Ventura ok) and San Diego as backup. CAN ANYONE HELP? I'm getting frustrated :(

Re: Having my first wedding frustration!

• edited December 2011
    Ventura has the "Yellow umbrella" area by the pier, but it is seasonal.  Maybe if you go into Eric Ericson's they may have the owner's name and # and you could contact them. I have seen a few wedding there passing by on the freeway.  How about Madalay Bay in Oxnard? Not sure of the price though.  Or Carpinteria?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard that the Rincon Beach Club in Carpinteria is a nice venue.  I've never been, but I've heard good things about it.  http://www.rinconcatering.com/html/rinCat/wed.asp
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • redpassportredpassport member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI, visiting from The Bump/Nest...

Elings park in Santa Barbara is  beyond stunning and allows any outside, insured caterer.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that's a tall order if you want it to include bar.  If we had open bar all night for our guests, that alone would have been $60 per person.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards