South Asian Weddings
Options

Airbrush Bridal Makeup - Boston area

Hi ladies!
Thanks for all your great recommendations on DJ.  I now am focused on the fun parts of the wedding - getting pretty! :) 

Any recommendations for airbrush makeup artists who have done South Asian brides in the New England area? I had an airbrush makeup trial with someone recently but the work received mixed reviews from my family. My mom and sister thought the look wasn't "bridal", my bro-in-law thought it was overdone, my fiance said it looked no different than when I normally do my own makeup for a special occasion.  

I definitely want to look myself on my wedding day - but a more glam, put together version! :) Any rec's you have are much appreciated! The artist need not be South Asian him/herself. And also interested in any rec's of people who would travel here from NY/NJ/CT but are reasonably-priced as well. 

Thanks!

Re: Airbrush Bridal Makeup - Boston area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Newport, RI and I had a hard time finding someone in New England who was good at hair, makeup and getting me ready.  There are a few options of Indian people near Boston, but most of those people were not willing to drive to RI for me.  Personally, I didn't want my makeup to look overdone and wanted more of a natural look, and I felt that most of the work I had seen from Indian people in that area was too traditional.  I found someone to do makeup that is not Indian but she is great!  She is located in Newport, RI but travels all over New England.  Her name is Allison Barbera.  Let me know if you need/want her contact info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the leads! Has anyone heard of Marissa P.-something in NJ? I've seen some pictures of her work through friends on facebook and wondering if she travels or if anyone has her contact details.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Neetu - do you mean Marissa Pascone? She was my makeup artist 2.5 weeks ago and she is FABULOUS! What a great person and I love her! I whole heartedly recommend her. Not sure if she travels, but I will PM you her info
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Raangoli! I think that's her name ! Appreciate you sending me the info! Congrats on your wedding! :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I hope it works out for you!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anyone used Christy Lavallee for Indian Bridal makeup on the board? She is based in Sturbridge.  pros/cons? 
  • Options
    sadesai217sadesai217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey - If you are looking for Indian Bridal hair, makeup, and draping, I used someone in Massachusetts for my engagement. I am from Jersey but I think this team is pretty decent.  Contact me if you'd like more information or any pictures.
    http://www.bridalbeautybyanju.com/
    The makeup artist is Shreni - 732-491-1030
  • Options
    Makeup2Makeup2 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

Check out www.gokalove.com
    facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/GokaLove.MakeupArtistry
    Indian Artist ...Airbrush Makeup, Hair and draping!

• Options
    Brides beware!  I used ANJU PATHAK who is based in Medway.  Her website is http://www.bridalbeautybyanju.com/.  My hair and makeup turned into the worst memory of my wedding day and really ruined the day for me.  She didn't know what colors to use for highlights etc.  My skin coverage was poor.  My hair went flat after about an hour.  She barely knew what she was doing at all.  To top it all off she charged me $850!!!  She also did my mom and sister's hair and makeup and those came out just as bad.  My whole family is still talking about and making fun of the job she did.  My mom's hair was pathetic and my sister's makeup so bad.  She also wouldn't give me anything to touch up my lips.  I hired her to come back during the reception to refresh my makeup and hair.  She blackened my eyes so I looked like a racoon under my eyes and that's all she did and she charged me for a full additional session!  I called her afterwards to tell her how traumatic it had been and that she had ruined my wedding day.  She refused to work with me or offer me any kind of refund and hung up on me!  I cried my wedding night and for the week after.  It was so ultimately upsetting.  Ladies you will not get your wedding day back.  STAY AWAY FROM ANJU!  I hope I can help some bride out there before she experiences the same thing...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards