North Carolina-Outer Banks

Can I Just Say I Love This Board!!

I just wanted to take a minute to tell you all how great you are. This board has been so amazing and I know I couldn't have done this planning without you. 

I have been to many other boards and had quite an unfortunate experience last summer that left me contemplating ever leaving this board. I have, in the past few weeks, needed to venture out of our little community for some specific, non-OBX questions. What I have found, is much of what I still saw last year - cruel comments and language that would make a sailor blush. 

In the midst of many of these comments, I have occasionally found some of you leaving comments....and, not to sound like a stage-mama or anything, but what you have to say is always pleasant and you make our OBX community proud. (And Char, I hope you know what a terrific moderator you are - ever helpful and positive, no matter what board you pop up on.)

Whether it is here in our happy little OBX family, or out among the other boards, you all never tear each other down or make condescending remarks toward each other. You might not always agree with one another, but you always manage to handle communications with grace and consideration. I think it says a lot about you. 

So, please excuse another pre-marital hormone induced post, but I thought it was something that should be said. To the guys and girls of this board, I wish you all the very best in your marriages and lives. A true and honest heart, is always one that should be recognized..... <3

Re: Can I Just Say I Love This Board!!

• Awwww hon!  What a very thoughtful post and thank you so much for sharing!

I have always had a passion for the OBX and am very happy that all of us have become so close over the past year!  It truly makes me smile to know that everyone on this board is so welcoming to one another and that we can share our experiences, be it good or bad, and hopefully learn something from one another :)

You know that I am always here for all of you....be it for wedding advice, life advice or just needing a shoulder to lean on <3

• I'm crying now.....Club Violin anyone? : J/k Teach. Awesome words from you. : Thx....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_can-i-just-say-i-love-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:d9cb044e-4a06-4f23-af43-22af4f30dd9cPost:105d23c4-0bd7-41d8-95eb-dc161978d5cb">Re:Can I Just Say I Love This Board!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm crying now.....Club Violin anyone? : J/k Teach. Awesome words from you. : Thx....
    Posted by Phillyboy06[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>bwahahahaha! :)</div>
  • I had been on here initially during my planning but went away for a while I was over at weddingwire. But I am happy I found you again. I love talking to people that know about OBX wedding plannning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_can-i-just-say-i-love-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:d9cb044e-4a06-4f23-af43-22af4f30dd9cPost:7c69469e-e65f-488e-a3a2-8cb1051b586d">Re: Can I Just Say I Love This Board!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had been on here initially during my planning but went away for a while I was over at <strong>weddingwire.</strong> But I am happy I found you again. I love talking to people that know about OBX wedding plannning.
    Posted by babygirl4[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy I tell you!!!

j/k ;)

Glad you came back to us :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards