Illinois-Chicago

Indoor locale for engagement pics in the burbs?

We were just offered free engagement pics from a family member. But it's November and getting cold, so outdoors is not an option.

Any ideas for places that look cool indoors, like an indoor waterfall or anything like that? Definitely in the burbs. Preferably without needing a permit or having to pay any fees. Just to be able to walk in like a tourist, take some pics, and go.

Re: Indoor locale for engagement pics in the burbs?

• barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered waiting until it snowed?  Snowy E pics are BEAUTIFUL and wish I could have done them!!!!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe a Library or Cafe?
  • edited December 2011
    I am having this same problem! How about an old movie theatre? Sometimes the management will let you in for photos. My photographer has done it plenty before. I know the Arcada in St. Charles allows it, try other downtown areas as well.
  • edited December 2011

barb, i'm disabled and cannot walk safely in snowy/icy conditions. plus, wouldn't want to be all red and splotchy and wearing puffy coats in engagement pics. they're pretty for some people, but not me.

em, looking for something a little more unique.

roma, i like that idea! i'll look into the arcada, as well as hollywood palms in naperville - while not old, it's very ornate - and has a waterfall lol my fiance and i are big nerds, so a movie theatre would fit our personalities...

• barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_indoor-locale-engagement-pics-burbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:ed3e7250-3939-45c2-945f-7a1a810f44f1Post:768098d2-88dc-42c3-a4c4-3c7d62c6877d">Re: Indoor locale for engagement pics in the burbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]barb, i'm disabled and cannot walk safely in snowy/icy conditions. plus, wouldn't want to be all red and splotchy and wearing puffy coats in engagement pics. they're pretty for some people, but not me. em, looking for something a little more unique. roma, i like that idea! i'll look into the arcada, as well as hollywood palms in naperville - while not old, it's very ornate - and has a waterfall lol my fiance and i are big nerds, so a movie theatre would fit our personalities...
    Posted by RaineyWednesday[/QUOTE]

<div>I understand!! [:)]</div><div>
    </div><div>An old Chicago Knottie (Bri) took pictures in a Barns n Noble and they turned out really cool.  Indoor exhibits at Brookfield Zoo?  </div>
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards