Canada

Where are the Canadian girls at??

The post the other post about being sad that we don't chat anymore made me think... why don't we have a specific night and time we can all be here to chat?? The July 2011 board has them once in a while called VKN... Virtual Knottie Night.

What do ya think ladies?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Where are the Canadian girls at??

• edited December 2011
    Maybe we Canadian ladies should have VKNs, I'm getting married in Sept.2011, but I have to say this - The Knot does NOT really realize that Canada has far more than Toronto to its credit....We're getting married in PEI - where are you getting married?
  • kristalmscottkristalmscott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like this idea, we Canadian gals should be talking a lot more!  I'm getting married in June 2011 in New Brunswick :)

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Everything but the Dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    56 image 39 image 4 image 11 image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canadian-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:f05f9e4b-5855-4357-aed5-01a109f0be3fPost:7c30cb33-50ec-4409-9d31-187e6c92a131">Re: Where are the Canadian girls at??</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Knot does NOT really realize that Canada has far more than Toronto to its credit
    Posted by Miracle Cat[/QUOTE]

ha, I was think the same thing! We're getting married in NL :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canadian-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:f05f9e4b-5855-4357-aed5-01a109f0be3fPost:5120a29e-bb10-4bce-bb48-648bc2dfa424">Re: Where are the Canadian girls at??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like this idea, we Canadian gals should be talking a lot more!  I'm getting married in June 2011 in New Brunswick :)
    Posted by kristalmscott[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm a NB bride too :) where are you getting married?? </div>
    Our Happily Ever After wedding ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in St. Thomas Ontario on 7/9/11.  it's nice to hear about some other Canadian brides info.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi smelly!  Fancy seeing you here..lol
    I'm getting married July 9, 2011 as well, near Saskatoon

Edit: To answer the question, we should do VKN here as well :)
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, so glad to find a bunch of Canadian brides that aren't from TO! So what do you ladies have done so far as far as planning goes? We've got a bunch of stuff done, but I know I'll still be squirming til it's all done....We've finished booking the ceremony location, reception location, ceremony officiant, catering, cake, dress, veil, jewellery....We're working on hair, make-up, invites, special occasion liquor permit, spa day type activities for the ladies, suit for the groom, deciding where to get ready, under the dress essentials, flowers (oh my but are the flowers giving me a headache!!).....So much to do, so little time to do it in.....
  • kristalmscottkristalmscott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shpoop - In Fredericton (well, New Maryland actually). We're having both the ceremony and reception at the Oakland Farm & Lodge.  And you?

Miracle Cat - You've got quite a bit done.  Here's what I've got:
    Done: Ceremony/Reception location, Officiant, All our attire, toasting flutes, cake serving set....It's kinda hard to remember what I have done since we're always concentrating on what we still have to do, LOL!

To Do: working on decorations (some decided, some narrowed down...it's hard with such a rustic location, I think the typical frilly stuff just won't look good, and we have to do it the morning of, so we'll have to keep it pretty easy so that we have time), Cake (I had decided to do it myself since I'm having cupcakes but I've since changed my mind), Rings (gotta get him sized then order them),  Honeymoon (we have it narrowed down, we're just waiting for pricing)

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Everything but the Dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    56 image 39 image 4 image 11 image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canadian-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:f05f9e4b-5855-4357-aed5-01a109f0be3fPost:d6179799-24fe-45cc-8d6b-ee1a85563653">Re: Where are the Canadian girls at??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, so glad to find a bunch of Canadian brides that aren't from TO! So what do you ladies have done so far as far as planning goes? We've got a bunch of stuff done, but I know I'll still be squirming til it's all done....We've finished booking the ceremony location, reception location, ceremony officiant, catering, cake, dress, veil, jewellery....We're working on hair, make-up, invites, special occasion liquor permit, spa day type activities for the ladies, suit for the groom, deciding where to get ready, under the dress essentials, flowers (oh my but are the flowers giving me a headache!!).....So much to do, so little time to do it in.....
    Posted by Miracle Cat[/QUOTE]

Oh ya you are doin good!!

My list:
    DONE: Invites, my dress, BM dresses, bands purchased, my shoes (wahoo!), deposit given to photog and e-pics done, reception hall and church and pastor booked, caterer booked, DJ booked, mom's making my cake, table linen rentals booked for reception, ummm I can't think what else right now.

NEED TO DO: BM gifts, flowers, groom and GM suits, registry..I don't know.  Probably a few other things.  Meh.  It'll all come together :)
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh! What a good idea! I'd be down on one of those nights:)

And since everyone else is sharing:
    I'm getting married in Halifax, NS on Sept 4, 2011

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canadian-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:f05f9e4b-5855-4357-aed5-01a109f0be3fPost:71f0d0c3-edfd-43bc-bc6f-7d82546862cf">Re: Where are the Canadian girls at??</a>:
    [QUOTE]shpoop - In Fredericton (well, New Maryland actually). We're having both the ceremony and reception at the Oakland Farm & Lodge.  And you? [/QUOTE]

We are getting married Just outside of Sussex, in a place called Shepody literally on a dirt road that goes on forever lol. Verrrry Rustic. Our rectption is at Adair's Wilderness Lodge :)
    Our Happily Ever After wedding ticker Anniversary
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like fun.  I haven't been on this board before, I am still figuring out which boards are good to post on.  I'm from the western GTA, getting married in the same area, Hamilton-Ancaster region, August 20 2010.

So far I've booked the reception venue, church/officiant, and photographer.  Going dress shopping tomorrow! 
  • edited December 2011
    Is there anyone NOT from the East side of Canada? I feel all alone! lol
    I'm getting married June 2011 in Calgary!
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married June 25, 2011 in Muskoka. 

There needs to be a Muskoka board, although I'm not sure how many people would be on it ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mcdol3 - nice shoes - those were my exact wedding shoes too!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canadian-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:f05f9e4b-5855-4357-aed5-01a109f0be3fPost:3c319868-5ef6-4c73-8c7e-b45d7de3333b">Re: Where are the Canadian girls at??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there anyone NOT from the East side of Canada? I feel all alone! lol I'm getting married June 2011 in Calgary!
    Posted by mcdol3[/QUOTE]

Me silly!  Saskatoon!

My large Roughriders siggy didn't give it away??
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    edited December 2011
    Does Toronto count as Eastern Canada?  I thought we were the centre of the country.  No, scratch that -- centre of the planet.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    HAHA Naomikb.
    Sorry tiffbot, I'm half asleep today. lol
  • edited December 2011
    hehe.

love love LOVE your shoes by the way!
  • edited December 2011
    mcdol3

If it makes you feel better I'm in Lethbridge... but getting Married in Ontario.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canadian-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:f05f9e4b-5855-4357-aed5-01a109f0be3fPost:3c319868-5ef6-4c73-8c7e-b45d7de3333b">Re: Where are the Canadian girls at??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there anyone NOT from the East side of Canada? I feel all alone! lol I'm getting married June 2011 in Calgary!
    Posted by mcdol3[/QUOTE]

I'm nearly as west coast as they get. Feb 27th, 2011 in Vancouver.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im living west of GTA in London but getting married East of the GTA in Peterborough on May 21, 2011!  I think we need to liven us up here on the Canada board! I stick mostly to my month board but would love to meet fellow Canadians who spell words like me!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canadian-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:f05f9e4b-5855-4357-aed5-01a109f0be3fPost:8af0f35d-0c73-4faf-9051-c4ce1dd99ee2">Re: Where are the Canadian girls at??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married June 25, 2011 in Muskoka.  There needs to be a Muskoka board, although I'm not sure how many people would be on it ;)
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]
    I would totally be on it!
    I'm not right in Muskoka, but I live about an hour from there near Haliburton :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• DowSylDowSyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay more Canadian girls. I'm an NB girl. Sept 2011

• edited December 2011
    Gosh, it's good to see all the Canadian ladies.....As much as I feel like I have gotten all of the big stuff done I still have all the nit picky detail oriented stuff to do and that's the stuff that stresses me out in a big way. We finally ordered our wedding invites and other stationary on Sunday. I can hardly wait to see the invites in my hand - I'll be sure to take pics and post. For now have a good one and hope everyone's planning is going well!
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to see this board become more active.  I like the international boards, but a lot of the specific suggestions aren't really applicable!

I hang out on the Toronto board too even though I'm not from Toronto.  I'm living in Windsor right now and planning my wedding in York Region.  Long distance planning is funnnnn.

Seeing other brides' checks freaks me out because I feel like I'm so behind in my planning.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards