Catholic Weddings
Options

AW: Neophyte Mass

I'm DONE the RCIA! Finally! It's been since September 2008!
I became Catholic at Easter, but we still had another 6 weeks called Mystagogia. Last night we ended with the Neophyte mass. I was chosen to read the Responsorial Psalm. What an amazing feeling being up there! I think when my life settles down a little, I would like to become a reader for the mass. I loved being up there and saying something meaningful to people and having them respond.

I'm so excited to be done. I love the church, but 2 years was a REALLY long time. I'm happy to finally have my Wednesday nights back.

Re: AW: Neophyte Mass

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! And good luck becoming a lector... it's a great ministry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the Church! It is such an amazing experience taking communion for the first time. I was confirmed just over a year ago. That is a really long program. Mine was only from Sept to April confirmation. Congrats again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to both MCDOl and MissySue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome home to the Church!  I get really excited when someone shares my love for the Catholic faith.  You will find a lot of peace in your new life.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    I just joined the church this past Easter myself and we finished our Mystagogia period on May 12.  We didn't have to go for 2 years though.  We started in mid-August 2009.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!!!!! 
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards