Colorado

Canon City - flowers from the prison

This is a bizarre question, but has anyone used one of the prisons near Canon City for flowers? I don't know which one it is, just that the prisoners at one of the lower-security facilities get work release to do floral arrangements. I'm hoping someone here will have more information, or have some experience using them. Apparently, the cost is very low.

Thanks!

Re: Canon City - flowers from the prison

• mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll ask my FI: he used to work down there...
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, asked him; he remembers a horticulture program, but nothing about floral arranging :) Which doesn't mean it's not there!

Sorry I couldn't help more!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, thanks for checking! I'll update if I figure out more...
  • edited December 2011
    Try paging KariMichael on the CO nest board. She had lots of information on the program
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_canon-city-flowers-prison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:632Discussion:c756d3cf-2f17-47a1-968b-f14f347059b4Post:d298e3eb-c06c-46a6-8b06-bda89854a6df">Re: Canon City - flowers from the prison</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try paging KariMichael on the CO nest board. She had lots of information on the program
    Posted by layla1704[/QUOTE]

Ooh, thanks! I don't know how to do that but I will try to figure it out.

Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of previous knotties used this service and gave great reviews.  However, I believe the program shut down in 2010 or 2009 due to budget issues. 
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards