September 2013 Weddings

Manic Monday

Whew, it's already been a busy morning! What do all of you lovley ladies have planned for this week?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Manic Monday

• WR: Sending in the deposit for the DJ today.  I also want to finish our wedding website and update our binder.  I have a few thank you notes to write as well.

NWR: I need to clean, write thank you notes, and do some family stuff.  It's going to be a busy week!
  • WR: Just need to update my messy binder.  We finally got my e-ring back from being reset and I LOVE it!  Cannot wait to pick out wedding bands!  Is anyone planning on wearing more than one? 

NWR: Somehow, I am covered in poison ivy from mid calf down to my toes.  This sucks! 
    Any good advice on helping it clear up faster? 
    This week I am kicking FI's lovely behind into gear to totally scrub down our APT, re organize and get ride of stuff. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm back from vacation and feeling really relaxed - yay! I missed you ladies while I was gone! I have my first dress shopping appt this Thursday and i'm so nervous!!!!
  • NWR: The future in-laws left this morning.  I think I'm going to start a spreadsheet on how long its' going to take to save enough money for a bigger house.  We survived-- but every two months having company in a 2 bedroom 1 bath house is too much. 

WR: I'm going to keep looking at my engagement ring. In a prior thread I detailed how I had to get a new one because the original was chipped when it was mounted.  I got the new ring on Saturday and it's even more beautiful than the original which I didn't think was possible.  Other than staring admirably at my hand I'm going to just kick back and relax this week.  :-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_manic-monday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:d85480a5-47d2-4cf1-bf77-cbbef75ca12cPost:f537b310-691e-4086-8571-9d19a3cc37d9">Re: Manic Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm back from vacation and feeling really relaxed - yay! I missed you ladies while I was gone! I have my first dress shopping appt this Thursday and i'm so nervous!!!!
    Posted by jessica2244[/QUOTE]

You're going to have a blast!  I was nervous about going with everyone I had originally planned so I sneaked out and did it myself, then brought them into it on the back end lol.  Make sure you tell us how it went!

WR:  Nothing really.  New color scheme nailed down and all pressing deposits have been mailed.  I need to get cracking on our website and there are a few things I can do to clean up my binder (remove dress inspiration pics, toss dress appointment writeups etc.), but nothing that can't wait.

NWR:  Car inspection today, oven repair tomorrow (woot for another day off, and maybe lunch with FI!).  Deep cleaning and declutterization of the house going on hardcore.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_manic-monday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:d85480a5-47d2-4cf1-bf77-cbbef75ca12cPost:09f4fc38-eea0-423b-9a38-061047da5bde">Manic Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whew, it's already been a busy morning! What do all of you lovley ladies have planned for this week?
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Apologize in advance because this is long and rambling - but i am so worn out this week
    most of this week is going to be not wedding related
    FI aunt is in the hospital   he currently is living with her about an hour and a half away from me ... she is not all there in the head and really has 0 common sense - i mean really who would try to pay the cable bill before paying the power bill - and yes this has happened more than once FI is at the point where he doesnt think he should have to be the one taking care of her but at the same time won't put it on his other brother or her brother - VERY FRUSTRATING for me right now - she has been in the hospital for a week now and since being in the hospital her mental state has dropped - she is very combative in the hopsital and wont let the nurses near her - they will be having a shrink evaluate her... i am not comfortable with her coming back to the house and then being alone most of the day - espcially since we are trying to get rid of the house so he can move up closer to me - and we will not be able to afford to take care of her --- she is very stubborn though - and seems to think she will be able to live on her own in an apartment not realizing that she won't be able to afford one - even when we spell it out to her -

up until this past week the plan had basically been to have her move in with her brother - who has volunteered to take her on several occassions - but she doesn't want to go there

now though FI and I have talked and we really think what she needs in a nursing home - she is very unstable on her feet - requires oxygen all the time and has major anxiety issue and COPD and i personally think she is very depressed - but getting him to broach the nursing home subject with his brother and her brother now is like pulling teeth especially since today after visiting her she was improving more than she had all week... still fighting nurses because she thinks they want to kill her - but really i think she is playing the game now trying to get released - if she gets released before we have somewhere for her to go it will just stay the same - getting very frustrated with the whole thing BUT not my place to call FBIL and her brother.  FI is a major procrastinator - and i am afraid he is going to let her come home and then something worse will happen because she will be here alone -

I think most of her anxiety is due to the fact that she knows by the end of the year she will not be living in this house and FI will have moved and she just doesnt know what to do but will not listen to any suggestions ... FI is lkiving with her to  begin with because she screwed up a ton of money several years ago - and he had to bail her out - its almost like she has this alternate universe that she lives in and has no concept of reality when it comes to money and living life

WR :  I am going dress shopping next weekend... my sister flies in saturday morning and i have 1 appt saturday afternoon and am trying to go to bridal world monday -
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WR: Hopefully getting back on the exercise routine we started so that I can tone up a bit before the wedding.

NWR: Curtains.  I finally found a curtain rod that will work, now I just have to spray paint it and the 3M hooks, make the panels for the curtains and hang it all up. 

Jessica-Have fun bridal shopping, that's been one of my favorite parts so far!

Goofy-We're saving up for a house too, currently if we have anyone staying with us they can sleep on a couch or the floor :(

DMoore-That sounds like a really tough situation.  I know you said the shrinks are having a look at her, but it sounds like she's getting a touch of dementia.  You might be right to be concerned.  I currently have a relative confined to a nursing home because of similar behavior.  (He thought his wife was poisoning him and then the nurses at the home weren't giving him the right pills/too many pills/too few.)  From my understanding, the self-involved behavior is characteristic.  Good luck!
  • In Response to Re:Manic Monday:[QUOTE]WR: DMooreThat sounds like a really tough situation.nbsp; I know you said the shrinks are having a look at her, but it sounds like she's getting a touch of dementia.nbsp; You might be right to be concerned.nbsp; I currently have a relative confined to a nursing home because of similar behavior.nbsp; He thought his wife was poisoning him and then the nurses at the home weren't giving him the right pills/too many pills/too few.nbsp; From my understanding, the selfinvolved behavior is characteristic.nbsp; Good luck! Posted by TheFutureMrsRohlman22[/QUOTE]

I don't want to seem like a witch to his whole family but in my opinion FI has paid his dues dealing with the aunt for years... It's just a mess and FI is half in denial about it half realizing thi ga are going to change rapidly
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards