Oregon
Options

Officiant Problem - Wedding 3 weeks away

Our wedding is less than 3 weeks away and our officiant seems to be MIA. We "booked" her in July and at the time, she didn't want us to pay anything. In October, she asked for a deposit and said she would be sending me a contract. She cashed my deposit check but I never got the contract. In December, she apologized for not sending the contract but said she would send it ASAP. Over January and February, I could not get a repsonse from her via email. I have left two voicemails in the last two weeks. I'm trying to be reasonable and not freak out, but I'm nervous that we are so close to the wedding with no contract. At this point I feel like cancelling with her and trying to find another option even though I don't think I'll have any luck with such short notice. Any advise?

Re: Officiant Problem - Wedding 3 weeks away

• Options
    I'd start looking for someone else right away- since it's not the height of summer, hopefully you can connect with a JOP with a free day right away!! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry that she seems to have flaked out on you.  I would definitely start looking for someone else.  Another option would be to have someone you know get ordained online to do your wedding.
  • Options
    One of my friends is an officiant, let me know if you want her contact info.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jlauxjlaux member
    First Comment
    Out of curiosity- who is she? It would be good to spread the word so other brides are aware of her as an unreliable officiant...

Good luck!
  • Options
    Definitely would plan on her not showing. If you can't find a JOP have someone you know get ordained online (its really easy and fast). Problem solved!

This sucks :( I hope your deposit wasn't too much
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed.  My brother is the officiant for my wedding.  I'd start looking for someone, or like mentioned above a friend or family member that's good infront of an audience :)
  • Options
    Yes, please post her name and other info on here so that others can stear clear....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards