Not Engaged Yet

October, in review...

Hi ladies!

All I can say is that getting to Halloween has been a horserace from the first day of October (hence my prolonged absence - I've been lurking more recently, though, meaning I must have the time to start posting again!).  

My fiance proposed on the 6th during our backpacking trip (!!!!), and, as expected, 3/4 of the family and all of our frirends have been exfcited and supportive, but 1/4 have been making us miserable ever since.  Putting the family drama on top of the worst semester of school I've ever been through (I'm counting everything fro pre-school through grad school, here, so pretty much my whole life), and I am more than happy to wave this month goodbye...with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup in my hand in honor of Halloween.

Bring on Thanksgiving, guys, 'cause November's gotta be better than October.  How about you?  Highlights from the month?  Things you're looking forward to in November (pumpkin pie included)?

Re: October, in review...

• Highlight of the month? We hit our one year mark on Oct 5! My puppy turned 3 also.

Congrats on the engagement! Now where is the ring picture?

• Congrats on the engagement. Pics or it didn't happen

October can suck it. My stepdad finally moved out of my mom's house (They are separated, supposedly working on divorce filings), and that wasn't pretty. My mom has since became a raging whiner/moper/poor me and flipping out on me because I don't hate my stepdad

My brother got a pay raise at his job, which is exciting and means he might be visiting over the holidays

School also can take a flying leap.

November should be better. If I can convince FI to hide out for thanksgiving instead of going to 4, yes 4 different family functions on Turkey Day.
  • I am glad to see October go quite honestly, we had our washer dryer break and had to replace it, our furnace needed repairs and now the hurricane.

Congrats on the engagement!!! Pics please!!! I hope November is a good month with lot less breaking down and a lot less stress!

Anniversary

• In October, my husband got accepted for a transfer to MD, which will put us a LOT closer to my family. We're ecstatic, though it's hard to remember how excited we are since we're bogged down with 1,000 little tasks to do to get our current house on the market.

In November, my parents are coming to town for 13 days for Thanksgiving.

In December, we're moving!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• CU - That's awesome!  I am jealous about the moving part, I have to say - I grew up in Austin, went away to college, and now am back for grad school, and I'm kind of sick of this town, as nice as it is.  3.5-4.5 more years of grad school means I can't move for that long, which is frustrating (that said, I do get to move to Houston for 3 months in the summer!)

Here's the ring pic.  My favorite parts about it are (a) the hand carved eternity band, and (b) the diamond picks up the sapphires' blue when in the sun, and it looks like a blue diamond. Totally worth 4 months of arguing over!

• Congrats Jas! That's a beautiful ring.

October was ok. All month I was looking forward to last Saturday's Halloween party which was as great as I imagined. A few tough things with our families this month but hopefully this will get better in the new year, just got to hold on until then.

Tiger - that's exciting about the move, I hope everything goes well for you.
  • Congrats on the engagement and that's a beautiful ring!

October for me was an awesome month.  My Bday was the 5th and the BF took me on a very romantic weeked getaway to the north coast, work has been crazy with the merger we were in and then this last Sat BF became my FI!!!

I am totally looking forward to November and Thanksgiving and starting to plan a wedding.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_october-in-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:474e5d5e-4ab2-4e3f-9261-bbbfefd5c003Post:6d036532-c41a-4101-bd26-5d31bb5b6ddb">Re: October, in review...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on the engagement and that's a beautiful ring! October for me was an awesome month.  My Bday was the 5th and the BF took me on a very romantic weeked getaway to the north coast, work has been crazy with the merger we were in and then this last Sat BF became my FI!!! I am totally looking forward to November and Thanksgiving and starting to plan a wedding.
    Posted by doubleSS07[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds wonderful and exciting!  Congrats on the engagement!  </div><div>Where on the coast did you get to go?  I must say, I got to go to San Diego for a weekend (for a wedding), and we stayed with my FMIL.  My FSIL and niece-to-be came down to visit us while we were there.  It was an amazing trip.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_october-in-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:474e5d5e-4ab2-4e3f-9261-bbbfefd5c003Post:b56f446a-845d-4bcd-976a-4aceb459d53c">Re: October, in review...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October, in review... : That sounds wonderful and exciting!  Congrats on the engagement!   Where on the coast did you get to go?  I must say, I got to go to San Diego for a weekend (for a wedding), and we stayed with my FMIL.  My FSIL and niece-to-be came down to visit us while we were there.  It was an amazing trip.
    Posted by PrincessJas[/QUOTE]

We were up North in the Mendocino and Fort Bragg area.  San Diego is very pretty and lots of fun!

• Congrats on both engagements!  CU97-congrats on the move!  Good luck selling the house too! 

This month for me wasn't too bad.  Settling in to my new home, painted my guest bedroom from a hideous hot pink to a nice neutral yellow.  Parents came up for my dad's bday.  Hurricane Sandy sucked and Halloween is postponed in our town until November 7th even though there were kids out last night for mischief night lol. 

November I'm looking forward to hosting my first Thanksgiving.  My parents will be coming out for that.  My bf's old roommates are coming over as well as one of his roommate's brothers who she has custody of.  So I will be feeding 7 people (I'm rounding up to 8 because the brother eats like he has hollow legs!  He's 15 so he's a growing boy lol).  I don't even know what I'm going to make oh well!  Also after Thanksgiving I get into the Christmas spirit so I may be putting up the Christmas tree too lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is really pretty. 

October was so mediocre. We had a pumpkin patch at work and I did all I could to avoid working it. All of our Sunday night events had low attendance, which really sucked, and our bi annual fundraiser didn't do as well as last year. 

Personal life wise, someone has stolen $1000+ from our wedding savings since Monday, FI's dad turned 50 two weeks ago and I got to go thrift store shopping. I found lots of good things in their town. While we were there, FI and his mom had a pretty big argument over rehearsal dinner and the guest list that FMIL is telling people they're on when they aren't. I was really proud of him for standing up to his mom the way he did and for standing up for me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Congrats, Jas and gorgeous ring!

Aud, wait, what?  How did someone steal money from your wedding account?  Do you think a vendor charged too much money or charged too soon?  Was it a withdrawal that neither of you made?  Whatever happened, that sucks.

My October has been alright, nothing great nor horrible to report.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards