Minnesota

Photographers

Does anyone have any good suggestions for photographers. I feel like there are a million to choose from and have no idea where to start.

My fiance and I are pretty funny and would like our photos to really reflect our personality. Any suggestions are welcome! Also, if you know that they have good packages that may include the engagement session in the overall cost that helps!

Re: Photographers

• laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your price range? That would help in recommendations. I'll recommend my photographer Kate Botwinski: www.katebotwinskiphotography.com. More info under venders in my bio. She's been great so far, she made a custom package for us, getting us exactly what we wanted, she has a passion for photography that comes in everything she does, and creates beautiful photographs. The photographer was the most important vender in my mind. I love looking back on pictures, and I want to make sure that I have a keepsake of our beautiful day. You can PM me if you have anymore specific questions! Good luck, I did a lot of research before picking Kate, so I know how overwhelming it can be.
  • KylaJoKylaJo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Amanda Cardinal (amandacardinalphoto.com) She is out of Red Lake Falls, MN. We really liked her! She has different packages and she includes engagement sessions. Also you get a CD with all your pictures and copyright permission to do with them as you choose.

Check her out!

• BlakeKBlakeK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Milena Bates Photography. Her price includes engagement pictures and she is so laid back. My Finace and I are not serious people either and didnt want traditional pictures. She is really nice and I am looking forward to working with her.

http://milenabatesphotography.com/

Another good option is Dana Schoppe http://www.dschoppe.smugmug.com/ she started doing Mountain Biking Photography and has also found her love in Weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Take a look at Tim Larsen our of Brainerd - I feel like he really captures life and doesn't charge for travel as far as I know.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi my fiance and I are using Spencer Combs and he's incredible... www.spencer-combs.com and www.spencer-combs.com/blog or check out his Twitter He posted a picture from Me and Ben's session on Tuesday. He came with us down to Iowa to take the pictures!

We had our engagement shoot on Tuesday and I could not have felt more comfortable. He has a great fresh perspective on photography.
    Anniversary
  • jamipoo79jamipoo79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Spencer Combs nomination. We're looking at him, but we're not sure we can afford him. I've also looked at some lower prices people like John Sharpe Photogrpahy, HM Photography, Imagen Photography, and Ben Bernt Photography. We really want a disc included with our wedding and only a couple people on that list offer it, so we haven't really decided or made appointments to meet with any yet. Working on it.
  • maggie1220maggie1220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whitney Furst Photography is WONDERFUL! Email me if you want some details: maggie.hoeg@whitneyfurst.com or check out the website at www.whitneyfurst.com.
  • acpiper5acpiper5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Bellagala in St. Paul. They are having a special right now. They also do dj services too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Pamela Hanson Grand Rapids, MN
    Shanrach photogarphy Walker, MN
    Brian Tice, anoka, MN
    Kevin white cities
  • Seifert4Seifert4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melissa LaChance Photography.  We were just married on 1.1.11 and we already have our pictures back.  She was great to work with and really captured our personalities.  She charges $1000 and that includes engagement pics & all day coverage with rights to all the photos.  Her website is MelissaLaChancePhotography.com and she's on facebook too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards