New York

Locations for Ceremony is the Albany area

My fiance and I can't seem to find a location for an outdoor June Wedding. We have a place for our reception booked already in Latham, NY. But, the place we booked only has a huge parkinglot around the building. Is there anyone from the Albany area, that has any idea's for a nice outdoor wedding ceremony? Thanks so much.

Re: Locations for Ceremony is the Albany area

• edited December 2011
    Saratoga Spa State Park is beautiful!
  • AKatharineAKatharine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Pruyn House has a great garden to get married in.
  • Ja19m81ieJa19m81ie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!
    AKatharine where is The Pruyn House? I've never heard of it. Do you know if it's more private then say a park would be? I know most places have to stay open to the public, but we don't want it to be too busy. You know what I mean? We are also thinking about the Yaddo in Saratoga, but the reception is in Latham. I feel like that is too far of a drive in between.
    Thanks for your help.
  • edited December 2011
    Crystal Cove in averill park
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Can you just have your ceremony at the Crystal Cove? We have a place for the recepiton already.
  • pennyprettypennypretty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To those of you who suggested Crystal Cove, have you had events there? I was looking at it but I'm worried it'll be too hot in July wihout air conditioning.

Also, to the OP, where in Latham is your reception? Did you check out the The Crossings Park in Loudonville? I think it's right off of Wolf Road. They have a little area on a lake you can have a ceremony at. It looks really pretty, I'm considering renting a pavillion there for a rehearsal dinner.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pennypretty, our reception is going to be at Michael's Banquet House, right on Route 9 in Latham. Yup, we know The Crossings, my Fiance and I going running there all the time. I'm all for having the Ceremony there, but Mike, on the other hand is not. He thinks it's WAY to busy there. And he doesn't want a mob of people watching us during the ceremony. Where's your ceremony and recepiton going to be? What a great idea for having the rehearsal dinner at The Crossings. I think that would be fun to have it there instead of out at a restaurant. If you don't mind, I might steal that idea from you. lol
    Thanks for all the ideas! :)
  • pennyprettypennypretty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Ja19m81ie Totally steal it! I'm all about sharing.

I saw the park online and drove through it one daywith my friend woh lives in the area. I want to have a BBQ type rehearsal dinner and sit around a "campfire" and joke around for a few reasons. My FI's parents probably won't be able to financially contribute a whole lot which is fine, but I don't want them to feel overwhelmed by having to foot the bill for a fancy rehearsal. When I first got to know FI's family we sat around a fire pit in their back yard and told jokes and stories and roasted marshmellows and I have very fond memories of getting to know them that way.

Plus toss in a guitar and an impromptu singalong and that'll make my family happy too!

I'm not too worried about people running by or milling around the park. I doubt they'll intrude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards