Minnesota

St. Cloud area venues

I'm getting ready to tear my hair out trying to find a venue for our ceremony somewhere around St. Cloud. I work at a place that I wouldn't mind having the reception at, so I'm not very concerned about it, but if we find a venue place that also could provide reception I'm not arguing.

Our problem is that we want to have our wedding indoors and neither of us are religious so we're trying to avoid churches. I'm personally a sucker for historical buildings, but I can't find any in the area. We're also looking at about 200 guests. I keep running into a wall and only finding two or three locations, all of which are more than happy to charge a high price. 

I would love some suggestions!

Re: St. Cloud area venues

• edited August 2012
    I don't know about ceremony spots that could do indoors, but when we were looking we looked at the St. Cloud Country Club. They have a great indoor reception space and can do ceremony outside on the golf course. 

Also, have you checked with Mulligans? Again, I don't know about ceremony, but they have a great reception space.

We had our reception at the Great Blue Heron in Cold Spring and loved it. They can also do a ceremony outside if you'd like. 

Also, try cross- posting on the MSP board, it's a lot busier than this one and you might get more responses. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Totally feel you on the wanting an indoor ceremony and having a hard time finding a place! That's my issue right now, but in the cities.

I agree that maybe Mulligan's would be able to do a ceremony and no reception? (that's the other problem I'm running into). What about Millner Winery? My friends are thinking of doing their ceremony there. I'm pretty sure they can do it indoors. Not sure if Blackberry Ridge or St. Cloud Country Club can do indoor ceremonies, but those are a couple more options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I am not sure if Mulligans does indoor ceremonies, but their outdoor ceremony location is gorgeous! We are doing a church wedding but I know when we looked at venues, the Holiday Inn was able to section off part of the rental space to hold a ceremony.  Where are you holding your reception??
  • Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    As of right now we're actually thinking about holding both the ceremony and reception at the Moose Lodge in Waite Park. From what it looks like, they're cheaper than almost everyone else and I got to stop by for a wedding they were hosting and it looked beautiful (and the food was great). So, it looks like we might end up doing it all there.
  • If you want both in the same place check out the Civic Center.  You get more options for food and booze vendors since you can bring in your own (as long as they are licensed)  You can also rent out rooms based on party size.  The attached is the spreadsheet for their rooms/capacity ect.  So effectively you could rent a smaller room for the ceremony since you just need straight seating and then pick out a larger room to have already set up for cocktail/reception/dance ect.

http://www.stcloudriversedgeconventioncenter.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=3
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_st-cloud-area-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:640Discussion:75b826b8-2b49-4ecd-8428-eb87c38663d1Post:f12822f2-a69c-4021-bcc3-aea10a60c446">Re: St. Cloud area venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestions everyone. As of right now we're actually thinking about holding both the ceremony and reception at the Moose Lodge in Waite Park. From what it looks like, they're cheaper than almost everyone else and I got to stop by for a wedding they were hosting and it looked beautiful (and the food was great). So, it looks like we might end up doing it all there.
    Posted by rockergremlin[/QUOTE]

I had my daughter wedding at the Moose Lodge in April. I was very happy with the place and working with Sue. I did her decorations and also a wedding in August for a friend of hers. I was wondering what weekend you stop by and look at the decorations. Just curious if you one of the couples that was at the August wedding. I left my business card with Sue at the moose. I have a wedding next August that I will be doing the decorations.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_st-cloud-area-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:640Discussion:75b826b8-2b49-4ecd-8428-eb87c38663d1Post:e7c9bfc6-2340-4cd4-9a1a-6a7adce221ea">Re: St. Cloud area venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: St. Cloud area venues : I had my daughter wedding at the Moose Lodge in April. I was very happy with the place and working with Sue. I did her decorations and also a wedding in August for a friend of hers. I was wondering what weekend you stop by and look at the decorations. Just curious if you one of the couples that was at the August wedding. I left my business card with Sue at the moose. I have a wedding next August that I will be doing the decorations.
    Posted by scoop2[/QUOTE]

Eagle Trace Golf Club in Clearwater... Check them out:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards