Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Florist help!

I am having some difficulty with our flowers and need some local board help!  We are also living in Pennsylvania so meeting with florists for info is out of the question till we take a visit in July.  
The plan is to use hydrangeas and daisies for our October wedding.  Originally, we were going to go with Bella's Blooms out of Brewster.  As I started talking to her, I found out that she IMPORTS her hydrangeas from South America.  I'm having such a hard time with this, because hydrangeas are freaking native to the Cape.  Argh.  We also have a small budget... we only need bouquets for myself, and 4 BMs, bouts for 6 guys, and a small hand-held bouquet for our mothers.  So I'm looking to spend way under $500!

Are there any suggestions out there as to who else I should look at?  
Thanks girls!  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Florist help!

• edited December 2011
    Definitely contact Karen Bryden at Petals By The Sea.  We are doing hydrangeas for our wedding in June, and she has been more than accommodating, and really reasonably priced.

www.petalsbytheseacapecod.com

She may even have suggestions for you - she has great ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the same thing, and we came out to around or just under $500
  • edited December 2011
    Another option if you know exactly what flowers you want - have you contacted Stop & Shop?   I know a few people who have used them for their flowers and everyone has said great things.  When I talked with them I didn't have an idea on what type of flowers I wanted to use, and they were not helpful in terms of providing guidance, but if you know exactly what you want I would definitely check them out - I've heard they are significantly less than most florists.
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you SO much.  i emailed Karen and she called me almost immediately!  she's already spouting out great ideas.  i think she might be the one :-) thanks again for the suggestion! 
  • edited December 2011
    Karen Bryden is seriously great! She is so nice and cheaper than the rest to boot.
  • edited December 2011
    Karen is wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Meredith Fancy (in Orleans), and I'd recommend giving her a ring.  She's great and her prices are reasonable.

Also, keep in mind, hydrangeas may be native to the Cape - but they are not in season in October.
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CC- I realized the issue with importing in October.  I had to have someone explain it to me, as my previous florist did not do.  Karen laid out the timeline on hydrangeas and now I understand it a bit better.  I'll check out Meredith Fancy after I hear back from Karen on pricing.  Thanks ladies
  • Stephanie7754Stephanie7754 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am also using Meredith Fancy - she was excellent in all the planning and was very flexible in meeting with me last minute on Mother's Day weekend!  Her pricing was very reasonable and spelled all out for you nicely - no surprises (so far).

• edited December 2011
    I'm overdue with my vendor reviews but have to say that I loved working with Karen Bryden, and the flowers were gorgeous.  She will tell you, as I think you've found, what's in season and what's not.  I really appreciated her visionary yet practical approach to design.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards