Students

Any undergrad engaged students out there?!

I am a senior in college and me and my fiance just got engaged on Sept. 1st :) We decided on a long term engagement because he still has another year of school to go before he graduates and we both want to be done with school before getting hitched. I'm so excited though, we set a date and I've been having so much fun planning!  What about you guys?

Re: Any undergrad engaged students out there?!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_any-undergrad-engaged-students-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:a19332e4-6a91-4b46-acc2-465f919b1f59Post:28c77843-6ce8-4b1b-a8df-a0e0f40717cb">Any undergrad engaged students out there?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a senior in college and me and my fiance just got engaged on Sept. 1st :) We decided on a long term engagement because he still has another year of school to go before he graduates and we both want to be done with school before getting hitched. I'm so excited though, we set a date and I've been having so much fun planning!  What about you guys?
    Posted by kbracero1[/QUOTE]

<div>I am also a senior in college. My fiance and I got engaged on September 9th and are not getting married until summer 2014. He will graduate next decemeber and I will hopefully be starting graduate school in the fall.</div>
  • That's great! Congrads! We are waiting until early Oct. 2014 because he graduates in August and we wanted to give a little time afterwards until the wedding :) 
  • We got engaged during the fall term of my last year of undergrad (last November). I'm done school and working now, and we're getting married next July. It'll be a 20 month engagement in total. I definitely don't think being engaged near the end of your undergrad is unusual. Heck, by then, I found some people were already married!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I got married and I am still in my undergrads.  I love it.  I managed to alienate a whole class of freshman when I told them I was married, they looked at me like I was nuts.  It was so funny.  I am a junior.  I also think it is common to be engaged by senior year. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I'm in undergrad and my school has a "ring by spring" (of senior year) joke, although it doesn't happen as much as it used to. There's actually a girl in one of my classes that's already married. I got engaged my junior year and am planning to get married about a month after graduation. While that sounds crazy to me, it'll actually be easier than our original plan of in the middle of my first year in grad school. We just changed the date and I'm freaking out, because it just got real and we actually have to start planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm engaged and finishing undergrad.  I'm actually graduating a year early and we're getting married two weeks after graduation.  It's honestly not that bad planning everything.  And I'm definitely not the only one engaged in most of my classes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I am graduating this December. We got engaged on September 2nd. We are having a long engagement and getting married in May 2014. We are getting the major things out of the way now like the venue and some details.
  • We got engaged January of my junior year and had a 30 month engagement due to his schooling.  It's do-able but take the long engagement to allow yourself time to learn what you do and don't like.  If I had the wedding I "wanted" when I first got engaged, it wouldn't have been what I truly wanted.  The wedding we had, thanks to me searching and searching, was beyond amazingly perfect!  Don't be afraid to change your mind!
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • I would agree that a long engagement is probably a good idea.  Ours is 17 months by the time we'll get married in May.  It seems like forever, but it helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I'm married and finishing my undergrad (hopefully) this year. We got engaged a year and a half ago and got married this past August, between my summer and fall semesters.
  • We got engaged this July, 2012. He graduates in May, I graduate next December. We're planning on a Sept 2014 wedding. We both wanted time to get on our feet a little before getting married. I also didn't want to plan while I was in school. We're getting venue and some other details out of the way, but saving the heavy planning for later. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I graduate Dec. 7. FI has been done with school since 2010. We're getting married in 2 months. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I feel like such a youngin. I'm a sophmore in college now, but have been engaged since senior year in high school. My FI is graduating next fall, but are waiting to have the wedding till August of 2014. I'll still be in school then, but only have about 1 year left. I've been looking for venues and the other biggies, but haven't really considered any until this year.
  • We got engaged this July. He graduated college in Spring 2010 and I will be graduating in Spring 2014 (hopefully) but we will be getting married on May 2013. By the time we get married I would only have one year left in college, he works full time and I work part time so we decided that the timing was just right for us =) Only 6 months to go!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Beautifly2211Beautifly2211 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I graduate in august next year and am getting married in june of next year. By then we will be engaged for almost 2 years. This because of being a student, it took us longer to save money for the wedding and everything.  I don't mind being a married student at all, I actually like the idea of living and studying together (: 
  • I am currently working on my undergrad and will be married before I finish (May 3rd, 2014). My fiance will be done with school next spring, but will start working on his Masters. We got engaged on Feb 11, 2012, we are having a long engagement, but let me tell you it goes by fast! We have almost been engaged for a year already!!! I have started planning and its super exciting, but it can be stressful when you need to make time for school, work, and planning! IT CAN BE DONE!

Wishing you luck! if you need anything let me know. 
  • I am a senior in undergraduate school and I got engaged in Oct 2011 and I am getting married on May 25th, 2013. I get married a week after I graduate! CRAZY!
  • I am a sophomore in college and my fiance is a senior. We've been together for 4 years and we are getting married in July 2015. BUT we also have a 2 year old together, so our families constantly ask when are we getting married.
  • My FH proposed my sophomore year in college :) We came public with it a year later and now I'm halfway through my junior year. We'll be getting married sometime at the end of my senior year or not long after I graduate. I was so happy to find the love of my love so early!

"It's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday."
  • edited November 2012
    My fiance and I are sophmores, but we both took time off from school so I'm 21 and he's 22. Right now we have no idea when we're going to get married, but because we're long distance during the school year we'll probably decide to wait until we graduate.
  • I'm in my sophmore year of nursing school, but i'm also a returning student. I'm 25 and the majority of my classmates are 19. I got engaged before first year and got married 5 weeks ago. It's possible to do school, work and plan a wedding. Lots of my classmates were annoying about asking about the wedding and whatever, I just brushed them off. It's none of their business.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I got engaged my junior year (FI already graduated at that point and he is also in the military) and we are getting married a few weeks after I graduate with my bachelors! It's definitely possible, and we originally planned on a super long engagement, but it worked out for us on many levels to just push it up to right after graduation!Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • I'm currently a Senior and graduate in may, but my FI is a returning student just starting out so he has a LONG road ahead of him, Date set for 10/30/13 :)
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_any-undergrad-engaged-students-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:a19332e4-6a91-4b46-acc2-465f919b1f59Post:28c77843-6ce8-4b1b-a8df-a0e0f40717cb">Any undergrad engaged students out there?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a senior in college and me and my fiance just got engaged on Sept. 1st :) We decided on a long term engagement because he still has another year of school to go before he graduates and we both want to be done with school before getting hitched. I'm so excited though, we set a date and I've been having so much fun planning!  What about you guys?
    Posted by kbracero1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Congrats! I'm just finishing off my senior year of college, and will be graduating in December. My fiance proposed on September 15th. He's working on his Master's degree, and I will be beginning studies for an Associate's degree for Veterinary Technician beginning October 2013. Because of the crazy school schedules, we're holding off until June 2014 to tie the knot. I will hopefully just be wrapping up the Associate's degree then, and he may be holding off on going for a Doctorate degree until after I finish mine. I'm having fun working on preliminary planning, it's just trying to nail down a location to have it that is frustrating me! haha :)

</div>
  • We got engaged at the beginning of this month, and we are both in our last year of undergrad. We are getting married in May of 2014 because I am in a 5 year dual bachelor's/master's program and I student teach next fall! :)
  • I'm half way through my junior year pursuing BA in Journalism. We're getting married in a month!
  • 6 months until graduation for my BSN ! We got engaged 3 years ago and will be engaged for 4 years before the wedding 8-25-2013. It's long and will go by in the blink of an eye. I feel like it was just yesterday he popped the question when I was a freshman.
  • i got engaged back in march-april and our wedding is set for June 2015 after my first year of medschool. 

we havent told our familiers because we want to wait closer to the wedding date and for him to buy me my ring. 

its been like 8 months and it has flown by super fast. and i am really excited to marry the love f my life, 

• In Response to Any undergrad engaged students out there?!:
    I'm a junior, and am getting married at the end of this school year :) People say we should wait but I feel like life will ALWAYS be crazy! lol being a student is just one aspect of who I am, so I figure why wait??! Plus, my FI knows how important school is to me, and grad school too! I'll be a student for the first 3 years of our marriage at least :)
    Marrying my best friend, 20 years old, marathon running,working 30 hours a week and getting a BA in psychology. Sounds like life!
  • Thank you all for making me feel SO much better about my early engagement. I am currently a freshman, but my fiance and I have been togeth since my junior year of high school and are planning the wedding for the summer between my junior and senior year. Most of the people we know are always saying "you guys are crazy, you are much too young" so its really nice to know there are other people out there like us. (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards