Texas-San Antonio

Mary Coop - Hair & Makeup

I just wanted to post about my experience with Mary Coop.  I see that Babyblue found a great makeup artist (your pictures looks great!) but I too contacted Alyssa and thought she was a little out of my price range.  So I wanted to post to give another option to someone who might feel the same or if they need another option due to scheduling.

I had a trial and my bridal portrait hair and makeup done with Mary.  She's a pleasure to work with... Very prompt (usually early), sweet and funny which helped to make me feel comfortable with her.  I've posted a picture from my bridals below... It's a proof, so there hasn't been any editing done to it.  I think she did a really great job and I couldn't be happier with the results!  Particularly since I kind of just said that I wanted to look like me, only better.  I wanted a fairly natural cheek and I did want my eyes to really be the focus...  I also told her I wanted a darker shade in the outer corner of my eyes.  Other than that... She was on her own!
Her website is averygoodhairday.com

Re: Mary Coop - Hair & Makeup

• edited December 2011
    I love it!! You look beautiful!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!!  I was really happy that the makeup photographed well.  :o)
  • edited December 2011
    Looks very pretty!!  A little off subject but I was considering Alyssa Garcia for makeup as well...what do her prices look like?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I looked, but I don't have the info anymore.. BabyBlue should be able to help with that..  :o)
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This makes me excited.  Mary is doing my makeup.  I meet her April 14 for my bridal portraits.  I was feeling a little stupid for planning my first visit on the day of my photos, but with the recommendations from you girls I'm glad I trusted myself and set it up this way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad my post was helpful to you!  Makes me glad that I posted!  I'm sure you'll turn out beautifully.  Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Umm.. depends on if you want on location or in her studio. PM me and I will tell you there. :)
  • Tracy2010Tracy2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used mary coop for my hair and makeup - she is awesome :)
  • edited December 2011
    Alyssa Garcia is great! Yes, her prices are the higher side but the product she uses are high brand products. If you email her she can give you prices along with products she uses. I did trails with some other makeup/ hair stylist & look at the products they use & what alyssa uses. Alyssa's Clientle is pretty high up their too she does celebrities & trained under kim kardashians makeup artist. she's coming out on Housewives of Orange County the new season doing Gretchens makeup. The JW Marriott Resort also had her do makeup workshop classes over spring break their. shes great! look at her website www.makeupbyalyssa.com  
  • intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok this looks more like an advertisement and I checked, Mary Coop is a Mary Kay sales lady, not to offend anyone; but ladies really, Mary Kay is not the best wedding day makeup and shes not an actual make up artist just someone that does makeup, there is a difference, it's not my choice at all, I'm sure she is nice, but my wedding day deserves better and so should yours -- but this sounds more like advertising
  • edited December 2011
    This is not an advertisement... It's just a post offering helpful information, which is what I thought this board is for.  Not everyone can or is willing to spend hundreds on their makeup for one day.  This is a less expensive option for someone who wants to have their makeup done and can't or will not go over budget to do so.  I'm flattered that you think my photos are good enough for them to be considered professional enough for an advertisement, but I think that also shows the quality of Mary's work. 

Again... Nobody put me up to this.  I was trying to help other brides. Sometimes you can pay less and get a good product.  This is an example of more money does not always equal better work or services.  If the moderator feels that this needs to be removed, so be it.  My wedding is tomorrow and I know that I don't need to worry about my makeup looking great in pictures and for my big day which was the whole point of having someone do my makeup for me.  AND I won't break the bank. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards