Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Transportation-Advice

Hi ladies,
I am in a bit of a pickle right now regarding transportation for my guests.  I am a CLH bride and most of my guests are staying in the Orleans/Brewster area so far, but they are not all staying in the same place.  The logisitcs of figuring out transportation is giving me some trouble and the cost is really adding up.  I can think of many other things I would rather spend money towards.  So, the big question is...do you think it is expected of me (or my family and groom) to provide shuttles to the guest hotels or is ok to let is slide?  I have been to weddings before where it wasn't provided and I didn't think it was a big deal at all.

Re: Transportation-Advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    Did you recommend one place to stay so everyone would be together? Or did you let people chose where to stay? I think if people picked where they wanted to stay on their own and they knew it was a bit away from Chatham then they probably do not expect to be shuttled back and forth.
    While it wouold be nice of you , I can see how it would add up and some people may still want to drive instead of having to go and leave at a set time.
    If you decide to do it, check out first charter school bus. You can contact chris roberts. Her email is chris.roberts@firstgroup.com. They only charge 375 for the bus for 8 hours. And if you only need it for an hour before and an hour after and its going less than 10 miles each way, its less, like $200.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Lauren
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am also a CHL bride and we are having a similar issue. We decided to take care of the wedding party in terms of lodging and transportation. We are renting a HUGE house (sleeps 22) in Chatham for the wedding party and immediate family. As far as transportation, we are coordinating their flights in to BOS and PVD. We are lucky that my FI is from western MA and we have several vehicles to go to and from the airport. Guests outside of the wedding party will have maps on how to get to the CLH from the hotel where they are staying. So I do not think it is a big deal. This will allow people to leave at their pleasure instead of waiting for a shuttle.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say it's a really nice things to do but it isn't 100% necessary. My family really likes to drink so it is a must for me (and my dad-haha). But if your crowd aren't big drinkers it is not a big issue at all. I would make sure to indicate that there will not be a shuttle somehow so people are aware ahead of time. Maybe a note on your wedding website with cab info, or a note in the OOT gift bag thing with cab numbers.
    I'm currently trying to avoid that by finding just a couple of hotels for everyone to stay at so it will only be 1 or 2 stops, and that's not so easy either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips ladies!  I am going to keep shopping around, I am a little hesitant to book a school bus.  I don't care personally, but my parents weren't thrilled with the idea which kind of suprised me. 

I am not as worried about transporting guests to/from the airport, we have plenty of people to do that.  I was just more worried about people from out of town driving around the Cape at night.  It gets a little tricky.  Plus, I want people to be able to have a good time at the reception and drink and not worry about getting in a car. 

It's funny how many little things come up with wedding planning.  I thought it was all flowers and dresses! HA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also a CLH bride and am not planning on transportation - so very thoughtful of you! but b/c people will be staying all over, so I don't think it's very realistic (or worth the stress of organizing). I love the school bus idea, though.

even though i didn't post this originally - thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards