Illinois-Chicago
Options

Photobooth props

For those of you who are or have done a photobooth, did you use any props? I love the mustaches/lips/glasses on a stick and found a few sellers on Etsy that do them pretty cheap but some are cardstock and some are felt. I think felt would be better but they also cost a little more. Have you been to a wedding with these props? Were they felt or cardstock? What would you recommend doing?

Re: Photobooth props

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Magnolia Photobooth and they brought them with.  They had a variety of hats, wigs, glasses....even two cartoon bubble/chalkboards that you could write on and hold up.  We held up "thank you" and used them as our TY cards.

I think a lot of the photobooths include props, but if they don't, I would highly recommend it as it helps people to cut loose.  You could go to dollar store and pick up some items (hats, feather boas and even a white board with dry erase markers that people could use.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Chicagoland Photobooth (which we loved) and although CPB offered renting a box of props for $50, we created our own and spent a little less. We had two giant wicker baskets full of hats, masks, angel wings/horns, swords, chalk boards and all sorts of other items. A lot of our items were bought at the dollar store but some were homemade.

The props do take a little bit of a beating so if you make them I would recommend sturdier materials, like felt mounted onto cardstock or plastic and a sturdy handle (wood/plastic) with extra glue or adhesive.
  • Options
    stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used magnolia as well. I didn't even know they were bringing props! It was great to have them though, and they were pretty durable....good for our crazy guests!
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    1.  Excited to hear the good review about CPB---my daughter is using them in June!

2.  We also chose to purchase our own props to "personalize" them to a certain extent, but have a lot of glasses, boas, masks, swords......if your wedding is after June, 2011 and the NW suburbs are not a stretch for you to get to.....I would be happy to pass anything along your way.....just send a note and I can give you a list of everything we bought.  We basically hit every card and party store the day after Halloween!
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have our photobooth through Photo Booth Express and they offer props but I specfically want the mustaches on a stick and lips on a stick. I found some on Etsy I may just buy. Thanks for all the responses!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards