Rhode Island

Wedding Venue

I'm looking for a wedding venue for an April or May wedding in 2013. We live in Missouri but are getting married in RI because his family is there, so someplace where we can get married and have the reception would cut out a lot of the extra work of planning from here. We'd like something budget friendly and will accommodate our small invite list (30 guest). Something beautiful and nature inspired would be a bonus. We are not having a religious ceremony. Any ideas?

Re: Wedding Venue

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One place fits your bill completely:
    The Botanical Gardens at Roger Williams Park

Its centrally located, in a beauitful green house- you can do the ceremony there and it will accomodate your smaller wedding without feeling too big (since they can move around the potted plants and the tiles on the floor to allow more or less room)
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Meeting House in Tiverton, R.I is budget friendly, historical and has this rustic feel to it. You do have to bring in your own caterer. If you are open to Southeast Mass, check out Country Gardens in Rehoboth, MA, Bittersweet Farm in Westport, MA.
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have to second the Meeting House because it was my venue! Laughing It's gorgeous there and, with 30 people, you could have a ceremony outside and dinner and dancing inside the Meeting House. (I did ceremony inside, dinner in a tent and dancing back inside, but I had about 60 at mine.) You bring in your own caterer and officiant, so it doesn't have to be religious at all. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue and surrounding grounds are!

I have a lot of photos from the wedding if you want to check it out "in action." I also considered the Botanical Center mentioned above and have photos of it that I took when it was set up for a wedding if you're interested.

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KimtazoKimtazo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love all the suggestions. I am very interested in seeing some photos. I'm going to look into both places.
  • edited December 2011
    The Roger Williams Botanical garden is your place. Check out Decadent Catering as the caterer. They cater many events there and do a great job.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards