October 2012 Weddings

QOTD 11/16 - Back by popular demand

So ladies, it is exactly one week until Black Friday and this is a multi part question, (to make up for the days we didn't have a QOTD).

1.  Are you going shopping on Black Friday?
2.  If you are going, what are you trying to get?
3.  In the past, what was your most memorable Black Friday ever?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 11/16 - Back by popular demand

• 1. I will be all over Amazon's week of deals!  Not going to an actual store though.
    2. I need to get H's birthday present.  He needs a cordless drill.
    3. Last year was H's first time going Black Friday shopping.  It was really memorable because he was in shock how crazy people get.  He now understands why I'm an online shopper that day!
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • 1.  Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to go shopping on Black Friday. We are doing dinner with my family on Thanksgiving and doing dinner with DH's family on Black Friday. So I'll be doing lots of cooking and may not have time to shop.
    2.  If I do make it out, I really want to go to my local Coach Outlet. They open at midnight on Thanksgiving and usually run amazing deals. So many of my friends and family love Coach so I may be able to get some great deals on gifts.
    3.  My very favorite Black Friday was a few years ago. Two of my friends and I shopped all day at various locations and we did a lot of giggling and coffee chugging. It was fun and we got some awesome deals (including my very favorite Laura Ashley bed pillow that I LOVE!)

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • 1. H really wants to go, but I'm not that thrilled about it.

2. H wants to go to Toys R Us for my stepdaughters gifts.  We are on a tight budget this year because of the wedding, so being able to get more bang for the buck would be great.

3. I've never done the Black Friday thing.  Too many people, usually too full to want to move around, and too tired to wait in line for something that I may or may not get.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Yay, QOTD!

1.  Are you going shopping on Black Friday? Not up at the crack of dawn, but possibly seeing if Best Buy has any good deals later in the afternoon.
    2.  If you are going, what are you trying to get? Nothing in particular.
    3.  In the past, what was your most memorable Black Friday ever? Last year H and I bought each other our presents for each other because we both found good deals on the stuff we wanted, ha. That was nice.
    Anniversary
  • 1.  I usually end up going just because I'm awake and H is usually asleep. 
    2.  Hopefully I'll find some good deals on things that are still on our registries (maybe stuff for other too lol)
    3.  I don't think I have a "memorable" Black Friday. Mainly cause I just go for a few hours while H sleeps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do not think I will go this year, however my best friend and I will look at the flyers just in case there is anything too good to pass up!
    So that means not sure on the 2nd question although I will check out amazon because we want the complete James bond on blu-ray
    Most memorable was when we just stayed up all night and then when to eat breakfast at ihop and almost fell asleep before the food came!
  • I'm still up in the air if I am going black friday shopping. I want to get DH a recliner, so it will depend on if the furniture store is having Black friday sales. :) I haven't been black friday since I was a young teenager and hated it then! lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Woot! A QOTD :)

I am working Friday, so wouldn't be able to really go shop - but crowds are really not my thing so I don't mind volunteering to cover the other managers!

1. No
    2. No
    3. Years ago, I joined Mother, Grandmother (paternal), and both my sisters. It wasn't crack of dawn shopping, but the time together and a late lunch out was just wonderful! I love time with my family like that, and that year I had a little bit of spending money.

This year, with H not working and my medical bills added to the wedding, I just don't have the money. Christmas will be pretty minimal - my family of origin sponsers a family in need and I'm sending my sister (aka Coordinator) some $ today for that, and then will focus on our kids. Two 12 year olds could be expensive, but I will fall back on something they want, something they need and a surprise - and stocking stuffers. We will buy for nieces and nephews, but I can keep that really minimal and H and I won't shop for one another.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • 1.  I'm toying with the idea of heading to Lee, Mass to go shopping.
    2.  Nothing special on my mind, just good bargains on gifts!
    3.  I haven't done it enough to have any real memories.  I can't stand the crazies!
  • The only Black Friday shopping I do is online.  Amazon usually matches deals - last year we bought a TV that came with free white glove delivery and a free warranty. 

In the past I've gone out at 4 in the afternoon, once the hoards of people are gone (usually to buy movies at Best Buy), but this year there's nothing that I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE, so much so that I want to go out on the craziest day.
  • I've NEVER been shopping on black friday!!! I have always worked except this year and last and I don't remember last years. IF I decide to go...I'd like to invest in a GOOD camera, a new laptop and a flatscreen for the bedroom if I find any good deals.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Probably not maybe to JC Penney to try and score some boots!
    2. see above, oops!
    3.  Last year was only the 2nd time I went. It was nuts at walmart.  I went with my parents and we didn't have a good strategy bc we didnt realize how crazy it would get.   You couldn't even walk be of all the carts.  We ended up making my dad stay put in an aisle as my mom and I went and grabbed stuff to bring back to them.  What was fantastic was that I saw one my students and her little sister (3 and 2) out after midnight (note my sarcasm) with their parents.  The poor things were exhausted and looked scared of all the people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1 & 2. I'm not sure. I kinda like going:) I haven't looked at this years ad's at all yet, so I'm not really sure if there is anything I want to go looking for. I do better just going in blind and seeing what I find.
    3. Two years ago I got up at like...4 am to hit the mall with one of my good friends (she was a BM at the wedding) and we went around the mall and I bought a couple of sweaters. It was just two friends, drinking coffee and having fun. We shopped for a couple of hours then each went home and slept!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1. We will most likely go! H and I LOVE black Friday shopping and we go pretty much every year. We usually got late at night before we go to bed. 2. I'm not sure exactly what we'll get. Probably some video games for H. I'll wait until I see the ads. 3. My favorite Black Friday was 2 years ago when I went shopping by myself with a list of stuff H and I made. I waited in line for a long time for a cook ware and when they let us get it, I had to work with other people and bargain to get it. I loved it and I got everything I wanted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards