Virginia
Options

Help! - Need reception venue

Good afternoon,

My fiancee and I need help finding a reception venue in the Virginia Beach area.  The wedding is in Sandbridge and I'd like to keep people from driving too far if possible.  We'd really like to find a restaurant that has some sort of private party room.  Most of the restaurants we've found either have no room (we'd be in a part of the main dining room) or it's a small room holding 20-40 people.  We've looked into a few hotels and Grand Affairs, however, they all have fancy menus and want to charge $50+ a person with taxes and fees.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Help! - Need reception venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looking into Watermans?  It's not TOO close but it's probably the closest you'll get to Sandbridge.  You can also look into the Water Table- you can choose your own caterer there so you may be able to find a caterer that's more in your price range.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_need-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:3b910799-08a6-4f44-a8d5-c63d1c6d0e51Post:2f04db56-06d8-4431-8153-a7df1ab1bb63">Re: Help! - Need reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looking into Watermans?  It's not TOO close but it's probably the closest you'll get to Sandbridge.  You can also look into the Water Table- you can choose your own caterer there so you may be able to find a caterer that's more in your price range.  
    Posted by chickcasa[/QUOTE]

Watermans was the first place we went to.  They came out to about $42/person with taxes and service charges.  We've found some Thai places (my fiance is Thai) that are $17-$23/person with taxes and service charges, but they either don't have enough parking or dining room space. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's the problem with sandbridge. There really isn't anything out there. Could you move the wedding to the boardwalk and try one of the hotels over there? Some of the smaller ones have better prices on food. If you have more than 40 people, having it in a hotel might be easier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_need-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:3b910799-08a6-4f44-a8d5-c63d1c6d0e51Post:53b2910a-619c-4181-8db6-4589cbe18ecb">Re: Help! - Need reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's the problem with sandbridge. There really isn't anything out there. Could you move the wedding to the boardwalk and try one of the hotels over there? Some of the smaller ones have better prices on food. If you have more than 40 people, having it in a hotel might be easier.
    Posted by beautifulbridetobe11[/QUOTE]

I think the oceanfront is reasonably close to Sandbridge.  I only mentioned keeping it close to Sandbridge as I've had people suggest to me Chesapeake, Portsmouth, or the like.  Any suggestions on hotels?  We hit the Holiday Inn, but they seem to be in the same range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards