Favors

Favor table

So I plan on having a favor table with several different gifts that our guests can choose from. I am just wondering how common this is and if either you have done this or been to a wedding that has, how was it set up and what was included?

I plan to have several fall theme favors including:
Coffee cups with homemade apple cider mix
Mix CD's with our favorite songs
Cake balls
Chocolate mustaches and lips (to be used as props in the photobooth I am going to DIY)
Also I am sure that I will add a few more to the list as it gets closer.

Any advise on set up or other favors to add to the list will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Favor table

• L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea. This way guests can choose what they want (though I'd order more than you need, just in case some are more popular than others). I'm not sure I'd give out a mix CD with your favorite songs. I feel like those would be virtually untouched, because not everyone likes the same songs you do, and even if they do they probably bought them on iTunes already.

As for setting it up, I think a table near the entrance/exit would work, so that people can take favors as they leave. Maybe have some more chocolate or candy? Fall-colored M&Ms would work.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely make sure you have more than enough stuff. While some people might take nothing, some people might take one of each, ya know?
  • vondaleevondalee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having a favor table... that is SUCH a good idea! When I got married in 2000, we just had the country club put favors at each table setting. But this time around, I want to have a few different things... a bottle of take-home wine or champagne, a cork screw, a cupcake with red rose heart, personalized M&Ms, and soooo much more! :-)  So a favor table would be PERFECT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards