Arizona-Phoenix

I Don't! I Don't! Bridal Boutique

Hello Ladies!

Omg more like I Don't! I Don't Bridal!

Literally the biggest disappointment. You WILL find the same dresses elsewhere with better service; or just service in general. Yes, they have a great selection, but it is seriously not worth the visit. Go to the designer's website and find a different boutique. I PROMISE.

I'd like to share our experience at I Do! I Do! Bridal today --- and it was horribly disappointing! From the moment we walked in there was an awkward stench [wet dog?] & obvious stains on their carpet from spills...extremely unpleasant. When I told them we were their for our 11:00am appointments for 2 of my bridesmaids, the receptionist replied, "Ok, so-and-so we'll be excited because now there's something for her to do". Um, talk about unprofessional! Not to mention another teenager working their at the desk was having a side conversation and said 'oh crap'...not like it's a huge deal to say it, but seriously in front of customers looking to drop hundreds/thousands of dollars??

So we walk to the bridesmaid section and I tell the girl that I want a specific color - teal - so I want to see the swatches from the designers so we know what dresses were available in that color. Well, apparently that was too confusing for her and she said that's not how they do things there. She said we have to try on dresses first, THEN see if it's available in the color we want. I told her, "Um, no I'd like to see the swatches first ...I don't want to waste my bridesmaids' time trying dresses on that aren't available in my color". After repeating myself twice on how I wanted to do our session, She comes back and just drops the swatches on the table with major attitude, as if I had a ridiculous request to see swatches first. I understand if there was a certain way they usually run things, but in NO way was she accomodating or even listened to what I was saying. If she did she would have realized that I was saving her time also.
And then while the girls were looking at dresses she mentions that we needed to start trying on dresses because we were "already halfway through our appointment". I look around and guess who else is in this huge room with us? NO ONE! The associate to customer ratio was seriously like 5 to 1. And mind you, this is coming from the girl that was going to be excited because she had 'something to do'.

THEN, my bridesmaids overhear the associates making FUN of us by saying:

- Associate 1: "So how many swatches did you have to pull?"
- Associate 2: [says something under her breath]
- Associate 1: [sarcastically] "Swatch party!"

Are you serious?! It's unbelievable how rude and unprofessional these preteens were acting. One of my girls actually confronted her asking if there was a problem with us seeing the swatches first because this is supposed to be a fun experience and they making it awkward and uncomfortable for us --- you know, talking 'crap' about us while we were in the same room.

I wanted to leave the moment I heard this story [I stepped away to get water], but because of their large selection, we stayed to try on dresses to get ideas and obviously go elsewhere... which we did: had a GREAT experience at the Wedding Accessory Superstore and ordered the dresses there...as in the SAME dress we could have ordered from I Do! I Do!.

I just don't get how people with zero customer service skills can even work at a place that could have easily earned over $1,000 worth of our business.

I DON'T I DON'T BRIDAL: Do not even waste your time! Go 15 minutes down the road at the Wedding Accessory Superstore and get the same, if not more bridesmaid dresses, BETTER prices and 500 times better customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I Don't! I Don't! Bridal Boutique

• applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about that terrible experience!
    By the way-I'm doing teal as well for my girls too.  Just curious to know what designer you chose and the color swatch.  We are going with Alfred Angelo Tealness.  There aren't many teal brides out there...so I love it when I find one!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been there but by your story I probably never will either. I have been to The Wedding Accessory Store about 4 times for my girls to try on dresses.  They ladies there are soo nice and patient! I have never had a bad experience there!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi AppleMarie - Congrats on a Teal wedding! hehe :)

We ended up picking Turquoise from Mori Lee in Chiffon. It's a great teal; not too green and not too blue. Are they all wearing the same dress or just the same color?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chargiss- My girls are wearing different dresses...shortter length but in the same color.  It just so happened that all my girls chose strapless and my maid of honor chose a halter..so it turned out perfect!
    How fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard nothing but bad reviews of I Do! I Do! on this board. Don't people know that we all go on message boards and talk about our vendors? Seriously! I always look here for any good reccomendations or bad ones before I book a vendor. I'm glad you found another place that was professional.

P.S. Applemarie and Chagris: I'm not doing teal, but it's pretty much my favorite color! I'm sure you're weddings will be gorgeous! Just curious, what color/kind of flowers are you planning on doing?
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry!  This is supposed to be such a happy time, but these bridal shops in AZ are terrible!  I wish they would remember how much we are spending on these gowns, and give us the service wedding dress shopping deserves!
    Photobucket
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How unfortunate! Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'll be avoiding that place for sure!
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks you went through that. I've also read some bad reviews of I Do I Do and it made me nervous because I had already ordered dresses from there. I have 2 BM dresses that are supposed to come in soon and I don't want to run into any problems.

The times I have been there the girls have always been really helpful. They're usually the same girls though so maybe they hired some new people.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MGUMMS- thats funny you ask that..because I was going to go with classic white because I had no other idea until I came across another brides bio who used the BM designer with the same color and she had used red flowers for the centerpeices and bouquets! I fell in LOVE!!!!! And every florist I had talked to when I was consulting, recommended it as well!!! So I have a mix of differnet shades of red roses with red ranunculas, red gerber daisies and red dahlias!!!  I am super excited about my bouquets!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds great!
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just chiming in as another "teal bride." 

Hi.  ;)
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My reception outfit was teal :) Teal and Gold :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about yoru experience! Unfortuantly, I too have gotten the same superstar treatment there as a bridesmaid. The first go round they never placed the order. I called every week for three months to see what was going on with my order. Then, the week before the wedding, they realized they had never even placed it. Of course, by then, it was too late to order the dress. I had to get a sample dress in the right color and have the life tailored out of it because it was like 8 sizes too big and after all that, they wanted to charge me for the tailoring!
    The consultants spoke rudely about us when we were there and the manager was no better. They are by far the most unprofssional, rude store I have ever dealt with. Now, as a bride to be, I have sworn that I will not step foot in their store. So, for any brides still thinking about going there, I'm telling you now, its not worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    Can someone clarify which location this store is at? Is it just one store?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, it's just one store on Camelback and 7th street. Doooooon't do it! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards