Nebraska-Omaha

Ackerhurst Dairy Barn

I'm looking into renting out the historic Akerhurst Dairy Barn for my Spring 2012 wedding.  Has anyone else looked into this site?  We're thinking of doing an outdoor wedding near the barn and using the inside of the barn for the reception.  If I could get some decorating ideas, picture ideas, and caterers used I would really appreciate it!

I think barn weddings are so fun, relaxed and simply rustic so I'm not looking into anything too formal but I definitely still want some elegance even though it's a little off the beaten path.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Ackerhurst Dairy Barn

• edited December 2011
    Hi there! We looked at the barn at the beginning of the planning process, and it seemed like a great place.  If you haven't done so already, they have a big book of pictures and caterers there that you can look at when you go to check it out.

Here were some pictures I found online, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone have the contact information for the barn? I'm out of town and can't get to the Omaha area very often.  Thanks! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_ackerhurst-dairy-barn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:b40b0c2d-5493-49be-9f6a-fe315b53dd3dPost:7b5f566d-a6c5-4114-84c9-f1aace2a4936">Re: Ackerhurst Dairy Barn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have the contact information for the barn? I'm out of town and can't get to the Omaha area very often.  Thanks! 
    Posted by AOIIkatie[/QUOTE]

It's an older couple that are in charge of booking/showing. The man's name is Cliff and his phone number is 402-496-9576. His email address is <a href="mailto:CFYRHR@cox.net">CFYRHR@cox.net</a>. I'm having my wedding there Nov. 19th of this year. I'm getting excited! I'm doing a rustic theme to go along with the whole barn thing. I have a lot of wooden centerpieces. I just googled "rustic wedding" and saved pictures of things I liked. Also etsy has some really fun ideas too.
  • huskermaheahuskermahea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking at Ackerhurst Dairy Barn for my wedding/reception next year. I tried the email that was posted above, but received a failed notification when sending them an email. Does anyone have a more current email for me? I do not live in Nebraska so I have had a hard time getting ahold of them by phone.
    Thank you for any help!

• edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony and reception there. The contact # is (402) 689-4112.
  • edited December 2011
    i am visiting the barn on sunday because we are thinking about having our ceremony and reception there too. but there arent a lot of pictures on the internet. is the loft part of the barn open for use as well? or just the lower level. looks like a great place, just dont get to see enough of it until you go there. really excited though!
  • jlaughlin211jlaughlin211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The loft isn't available, its just the bottom floor. The loft is going to be gorgeous someday but they haven't renevatad it yet
  • edited December 2011
    When I talked with them the rental fee was being raised for 2012 weddings to 1000.00.  They dont require security and allow alcohol on site.  You basically supply everything.  I love that place!!!
  • They are actually closing their doors due to Fire Code Violations. They will do wedding receptions through 2012 but not after that. I have to find a new venue for my 2013 wedding now
  • I'm having my wedding there in June! Thrilled about the whole barn idea. Just out of curiosity (and to save myself the trip) does anyone happen to have measurements on the place? Just thought I'd ask! :D Thanks
  • Does anyone know of any other rustic places to hold a reception in the Omaha area? I was looking into that bard for a friends wedding and so sad they are closing it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards