New Jersey - South

Travel Agent recs needed

FI and I are trying to plan out honeymoon and just can't figure it out! Can anyone recommend a good travel agent we can work with to book our trip thorough?

We are thinking of PuntaCana, but so far the hotel we want only offers the room we want through them with no flight package attached and it is just to pricey to book separate. 

Any advice would really help..TIA

Re: Travel Agent recs needed

• edited December 2011
    Jonathan's Travel in Washington Twp, NJ
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jessie888Jessie888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is in charge of planning the honeymoon. He used Beckett Travel, its a swedesboro zip code but its located in Beckett. He said they were a pleasure to deal with and hasnt had any issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We went to PuntaCana in April and just booked thru Orbitz. It was a package deal all inclusive including flight. Where are you looking to stay?

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Travel Strategies in Runnemede - Anne Marie was WONDERFUL!!

Anne Marie Loggia

Travel Strategies

360 Hirsch Avenue

Runnemede NJ  08078

856-931-4900

866-993-9940 - toll free

• Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    Steve from Beach Bum Vacations is awesome. My BM's sister booked with him for 3 trips and a friend of hers booked with him too. I had been emailing with him back and forth and when I finally decided to book with him he ran the most up to date flight price and saved me $50!

steve@beachbumvacation.com 1-877-943-8282 Ext 17
  • edited December 2011
    We used cheapcarribean.com.  They were really reasonable.  Call instead of booking on-line, it is cheaper
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011

Oh and if you use a travel website you can google promo codes to save more money. When we booked through orbitz we found a code that saved an extra $200 off any caribbean vacation. It was entertain200. Not sure if the code is still active though. Plus we booked our vaca a few months in advance, and 2 weeks before we went I went back onliine to see if the price changed. It decreased $300 for the same exact trip (same flights and all) so my FI called and they credited us the $300 too! Im a big fan of Orbitz!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the recs, I will research them all!

Teacup-we are looking to stay at the Catalonia Royal Bravaro. Where did you stay? Our big thing is we want to find out any honeymoons perks places might have. It sounds so selfcenter but want mthem to know we are on our homeymoon and to treat us nice..lol!

edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Paradisus PuntaCana it was reccommended to us by a friend. I'm not sure if they have any HM perks, but we paid to upgrade our room to a royal service suite. Basically you have 24 hour butler, room service, a pool with a bar that only other royal service guests can take advantage of, and someone who brings your food and drinks down to the beach for you instead of having to go up to the bar to order. So its possible that they have HM specials, or if you let them know your on your HM they may upgrade you at no charge. The resort you're looking at looks very nice too! Oh, and Orbitz also has a feature where you can instant message a travel agent for help. It just pops up when your searching. Didnt use it so not sure how helpful it is, but you should try it. Good Luck!!Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards