California-Central

Where are all my SLO brides past and present at?!?!

I need help! I am not local to the area and need help with vendor suggestions.

I need hair and make-up recommendations, as well as a cake baker.

TIA

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Brianna has read 1 book toward her goal of 26 books.
hide
Photobucket Happily ever after

Re: Where are all my SLO brides past and present at?!?!

• edited December 2011

Many of my friends used Faces a la Mode.  I go there for regular services as well.  They are great.  I totally recommend it to the brides I plan for.

• murielr06murielr06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting my hair done by Vicki Fluitt at Anna's Ciao Salon and Kristen from Savvy Skin Studio is doing my makeup.  As for our cake baker we went with The Cakery...their cake is amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info ladies!

Slojen- Ok, so I got my hair and make-up done at Faces for my engagement session and was not impressed AT ALL!! I was communicating with Reda the whole time and when i get in the salon she pawns me off on someone else. She gave me the option of still getting my make up done by her, but I got the impression she really did not want to do it, so i went with the other girl. BIG mistake. In regards to make-up, she did not even have a print out of the make up pics I sent her for our appointment. She claimed she did not get them. She did not bother to open the zip file I sent her with the pics and then had no color printer, so could not print the pics. The girl who did my hair also did my make up and had to reference the pics on a computer due to not having a color printer in the salon.
    I told the girl that i had the Brazilian blow out on my hair and that I had one track of extensions in my hair. She set my hair and then did my make-up. When she unset my hair it was WAAAYYY to cury and not the look I was looking for.

At the end of the day I was not super impressed and after my session they tried to get me to sign a contract with them. Needless to say, i am not going with them.

Muriel- I have a cake tasting at the Cakery in two weeks. Super excited. How long did the consulatation run? I am planning on meeting a few other ppl (Cake Cathedral, Christine's Cake Creations and Carlock's Bakery) and am trying to plan my appointments accordingly.

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    hide
  • murielr06murielr06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our consultation was about 45 min. long with both the Cakery and the Cake Cathedral.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with the Cakery, the cake is amazing tasting which was my #1 priority but she also does beautiful designs as well.  I am thinking of going to Bluebird salon...anyone know anything about them?  I moved from the area right after high school and haven't lived there since so I have NO IDEA where to start for hair and make-up. 
  • edited December 2011
    I actually went to the Bluebird Salon this past weekend and met with Jessica. She was really great and I decided to use her for my wedding.

The Cakery...they kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I contacted them and propsed a meeting time, but then they came back and told me I could do 2:30pm. I responded that I could do it, but when they responded they chaged the time to 4pm. Why offer me a 2:30 time slot and then change the time on me? They know I am from out of town and are limited on time. It makes me believe they don't want my business that much when they do that.

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my makeup done by a friend who works at the MAC counter in Santa Maria.  She also does makeup consulting on the side.  All of the gals there do amazing night and day makeup.  And they can do your makeup at the counter for free to see if you like their style/products/etc.
  • sylvias_03sylvias_03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is your friend that works at MAC? Can I get her information please? I really want MAC to so my makeup but just don't want to travel to Santa Maria on my wedding day. Thanks.
  • corrinfirecorrinfire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carlocks cake is delightful, although super expensive!  As well as Madonna Inn.  Plus most reception sites will also charge a cake cutting fee.  Christine's has delicious cake and the right price!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Kim & Co for hair n make-up! I have already had my consult with her and it was simply amazing!! For cakes we went with cassie's cakes! Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards