Canada

Ottawa Area - Outdoor Wedding Reception

My fiance & I are looking for an outdoor wedding reception. We don't want them to supply food, we want to bring our own food. (Have a BBQ type wedding) We either want to set up a pole tent, or have a building that they can sit in. (In case of bad weather)  We want to set up a gladiator joust too.

Does anyone know of a place like this? We don't want Strathmere, Bean town, Stanley's, Orchard View or The School House. 

Thank You Smile

Re: Ottawa Area - Outdoor Wedding Reception

• nfp147nfp147 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of anything, but you could check out the City of Ottawa webpage for info about parks and park rentals.  Some of them have picnic areas, etc: http://www.ottawa.ca/residents/parks_recreation/parks/index_en.html

We're having our ceremony at Rockcliffe Pavilion, which is covered.  However, when you rent the pavilion, you do not get exclusive use of the park surrounding it, so you can't chase away random people wandering through.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm IUI #1 (February 2013) = BFN Nestie Besties with Xan921
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard that you can do something at Hog's Back Farm, or the Experimental Farm...

M.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Billings Estate Museum. It's off Riverside near Smyth.

We are only holding the ceremony there in the beautiful garden but they have a tent for receptions as well. They don't do the catering. You have to arrange that yourself. They provide tables and chairs and the tent and electrical. There is a small kitchen available as well if you want.

It's run by the city of Ottawa.
    BabyFruit Ticker Me: 37 DH: 40 Married: 7/31/2011 TTC since September 2011 BFP: Nov. 22, 2012 EDD: July 29, 2013
  • kaitlyn20kaitlyn20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

http://www.stanleysfarm.com/ this is where me and the fiance are looking at...they have evrything n they let you do your wedding your way same with the reception...you can have them cater, some one else cater or yourself cater

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Kaitlyn20, we're totally doing our wedding ceremony and reception there!  We booked it in June for our September 2011 wedding, and have had great experience dealing with Stanley's Farm so far!

M.
  • edited December 2011
    MichelleS1717 I am getting married at Stanleys in September 2011 as well. What day and location are you using?
  • edited December 2011

aredmon16...

We've got September 9th, 2011 (we're doing a Friday daytime reception).  We're having our ceremony at the little rock waterfall garden next to Stone House Hall, and having our reception inside Stone House Hall.

How about you?

p.s. Do you find Kathy (sometimes answers emails sent to Earl) a little on the forgetful side?

M.

• edited December 2011
    MichelleS1717  We are Sept 10 in the southlawn tent. We are having the ceremony at the stone steps .

I LOVE the stone house it was just a little too small for our family.

I haven't had any issues with email but then I also haven't emailed them many times. With them taking care of so much stuff for us I am unsure what I need to do, or if I am behind on anything.

Are you having the same thoughts?

Feel free to message me to discuss more details!

A
  • We got married in August at The Barn, just outside of Wakefield QC (about 1/2 hour outside of Ottawa).  It's perfect for a DIY wedding (that's what we did) but it's close enough to Ottawa that you could get caterers, decorators, etc. to come out as well.  What made it perfect was that our whole wedding party came up on Thursday night before the wedding and there was enough room for them all to sleep at The Barn and help set up on the Friday.  The website is www.the-barn.ca.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards