New York-Hudson Valley

albanian/american dj NY

So I am getting married in October. I have one possible DJ, but would like to shop around. My fiancee is Albanian and I am American so need someone who can do both. it is too difficult to explain to a DJ which Albanian music to play, so would prefer someone with a lot of experience. Any advice would help!!!

Re: albanian/american dj NY

• So I am getting married in October. I have one possible DJ, but would like to shop around. My fiancee is Albanian and I am American so need someone who can do both. it is too difficult to explain to a DJ which Albanian music to play, so would prefer someone with a lot of experience. Any advice would help!!!
  • Hi,

I am an American-Albanian and my Fiance is American. The Albanian music was also a conceern to me. I am going with Jimmy Dee specifically Rich who is very knowedgable with Albanian music. The songs are very long so I'm cutting the Albanian music down to about 5-6 songs. Good Luck
  • HI, I just got married this past July.  My hubby is Albanian.  We used Planet DJ's in Yonkers and we made a a few CDS with Albanian music.  They did a great job and probably still have the CD's!!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_albanianamerican-dj-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:8fa62d6c-441c-4d89-b8d8-fa5b7e76f3d6Post:54c09947-fa12-47c0-b6f0-7593c6e63d6b">Re: albanian/american dj NY</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am an American-Albanian and my Fiance is American. The Albanian music was also a conceern to me. I am going with Jimmy Dee specifically Rich who is very knowedgable with Albanian music. The songs are very long so I'm cutting the Albanian music down to about 5-6 songs. Good Luck
    Posted by mia78[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm marrying an albanian too :)  I was wondering, could you give me a few songs that i can use to surprise him during the ceremony!  It will be nice for his family too, as they are new to the US and barely know any english.  Would be nice for them to enjoy some music familiar to them!

thanks!

~Brandi~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rachael7183rachael7183 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_albanianamerican-dj-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:8fa62d6c-441c-4d89-b8d8-fa5b7e76f3d6Post:9741ee51-b2e2-4480-b098-6077856b748e">Re: albanian/american dj NY</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm marrying an albanian too :)  I was wondering, could you give me a few songs that i can use to surprise him during the ceremony!  It will be nice for his family too, as they are new to the US and barely know any english.  Would be nice for them to enjoy some music familiar to them! thanks!
    Posted by MrsBeeGee2B[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the names of them are, lol...I am sure you can google Albanian wedding songs, or youtube an albo wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PS Where were you ladies when I needed to vent about my Albanian in-laws when planning the wedding lol...jk

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_albanianamerican-dj-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:8fa62d6c-441c-4d89-b8d8-fa5b7e76f3d6Post:41ce691a-746d-44eb-a3a9-221a5eeb4ac6">Re: albanian/american dj NY</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS Where were you ladies when I needed to vent about my Albanian in-laws when planning the wedding lol...jk
    Posted by rachael7183[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure about songs, my fiancee is the Albanian one.</div><div>
    </div><div>@rachael -- I'm dying hahaha....I'm meeting with Planet Dj's tonight!!</div><div>
    </div><div>I met with Jimmy Dee's yesterday- I really liked them..the guy you requested wasnt available    : (</div><div>
    </div><div>I am SOO stressed with this DJ situation...I really just dont want another engagement party fiasco--where the DJ sucked and played no Albanian music..my mother in law still brings it up till this day..like I haven't heard it 500 TIMES!! ugh! lol</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_albanianamerican-dj-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:8fa62d6c-441c-4d89-b8d8-fa5b7e76f3d6Post:086d84ae-3671-467b-b404-d3efd43c1012">Re: albanian/american dj NY</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: albanian/american dj NY : I'm not sure about songs, my fiancee is the Albanian one. @rachael -- I'm dying hahaha....I'm meeting with Planet Dj's tonight!! I met with Jimmy Dee's yesterday- I really liked them..the guy you requested wasnt available    : ( I am SOO stressed with this DJ situation...I really just dont want another engagement party fiasco--where the DJ sucked and played no Albanian music..my mother in law still brings it up till this day..like I haven't heard it 500 TIMES!! ugh! lol
    Posted by awilday1[/QUOTE]

Make sure you tell them that Rachael and Benny Bacovic referred you, I wish my video was on youtube, you could see what a kick ass wedding they threw us!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ahhhh, the Albanian parents they can be difficult to handle & I am Albanian,  lol. Like anyone difficult you encounter in life you have to stand your ground, don't bend over backwards to make anyone happy. Unfortunately some of the older Albanian women have a very old fashion mentality which makes it difficult to connect to them. They think that non Albanian's are foreign but they seem to forget we are all human with feelings. Good luck ladies, I definetly feel for you all. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards