Indiana
Options

NWI wedding shower locations (sorta long)

Does anybody have any reasonably priced recs for shower locations? Preferably in the Portage/Chesterton/Valpo/Hobart area.

My mom was saying how she needs to book a place for my wedding shower since it will probably take place next summer and things might book up quick.

I had asked where she thought it might be at and she said she didn't know but it would have to be somewhere in town. I live in Portage, and really there aren't too many locations I can think of that have a separate room for a party.

It seemed like she wanted to go the route of having lunch served by whatever venue is chosen, not bringing a bunch of food in (which I had actually thought they would do, which would be perfectly fine by me). So that seems to really limit things.

I have no idea why she said it has to be in town. I know she won't want to spend a whole lot of $ either, probably around $10 pp.

Anyways I just wanted to help her out see what I could find.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWI wedding shower locations (sorta long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what about doing it at a VFW but having it catered by MIlan's? mmm.. they quoted my mo 4.50 a head. You can get three meats, two veggies a salad a potato.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi 
    Don't know if you have found a shower site yet... you might consider a church hall.  There is a Presbyterian church just off of Willow Creek road not far from the new Menards there in Portage.  We called around for a reception site for my neice just a few months ago.  Can't remember the name, but you could google it.  I think it held about 150 people and I think the rental was around $ 200 for the reception.  It could be less for a shower.  The Pastor was really nice.  The church's website had photo's.  It looked clean and nice.  It had a nice kitchen as well. 
    Good Luck!
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards