Connecticut

I did it.....

I chose my dress!!! I went to Mariella's today still loving the dress I found a few months ago but decided I wanted to keep looking for a few reasons.  Although it was within my budget, it was only $100 less than my budget without alterations.  I also sort of felt pressured to like the dress last time (which I did), but my aunt and cousin were with me and they are VERY opinionated.  So I decided to search the closets again.  While we were looking, the consultant (a different one from last time....she was going home for the day) had one in mind for me but didn't tell me which one until I decided to try it on.  Turns out it's the one I put the deposit down on.  It's Casablanca style 1978. 

Here is the link:  http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/27/338

I'm soooooooo excited...and relieved. 

Re: I did it.....

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!  LOVE Casablanca!!  But the dresses always look so much better in person than on their website. The details are GORGEOUS.  Mine was style 1985. It was so comfortable.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats...it's beautiful!  I'm in the same position as you were...I found a Casablanca dress that I fell in love with at Mariella's but it was the first place I ever went to try on gowns so I'm going to wait and check out a few more places.  I feel like I'm going to go back and end up getting it though bc I can't get it out of my head!
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    Lori,

I had the other dress (it was a Demitrios) stuck in my head too, and I even looked at a picture of me wearing it yesterday (shhh), but today when I tried on others I realized that it wasn't what I wanted, it was what everyone else wanted me to get.  I'm so glad it was just me, my mom and my FMIL today so that I could make up my own mind.  Even my FMIL said my face lit up whenever I had it on.  Best advice I can give you is to wait it out and go in with a fresh mind.  I only tried on a few in NYC between Mariella visits.
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    And Vanessa, I think I tried that one on and that was one of the 3 finalists.  If you went to Marillas, was the sample in champagne color?
  • LaurenG1986LaurenG1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! congrats!! I love casablanca!!! There are 2 casablancas that I love...but I'm still looking before I make a final decision!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Carebear- Thanks for the advice!  I went with 4 people to Mariella's (my 2 sisters, my aunt and my FMIL).  I want to go again with a smaller group...maybe just my sisters to make sure that I wasn't influenced by them.  I have an appointment at The Wedding Dress in Portland and I already went to The White Dress by The Shore- which was a great place but I didn't love any of the dresses and they were much more expensive than Mariella's.  I'm anxious to go again!
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! The dress is gorgeous!
    imageAnniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_did-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:10ddcb7a-3f7c-4b7a-a783-65bab63e543dPost:89624e46-f5fe-4713-acc5-7ac88c2541b4">Re: I did it.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carebear- Thanks for the advice!  I went with 4 people to Mariella's (my 2 sisters, my aunt and my FMIL).  I want to go again with a smaller group...maybe just my sisters to make sure that I wasn't influenced by them.  I have an appointment at The Wedding Dress in Portland and I already went to <strong>The White Dress by The Shore- which was a great place but I didn't love any of the dresses</strong> and they were much more expensive than Mariella's.  I'm anxious to go again!
    Posted by LoriG41[/QUOTE]

Love White Dress and will always recommend it but it's definitely not my style. I wanted to love their dresses but I just didn't.  They're very different from Casablanca style dresses, for example.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_did-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:10ddcb7a-3f7c-4b7a-a783-65bab63e543dPost:d62529b6-6cb1-468b-a191-de0b7a4167cf">Re: I did it.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]And Vanessa, I think I tried that one on and that was one of the 3 finalists.  If you went to Marillas, was the sample in champagne color?
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]

I actually never tried it on at Mariellas. I went to Mariellas when i was in my "dress with pick-ups" phase.  I wish I tried on more fitted ones when I was there but I just skipped that closet completely.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats - isn't it such a good feeling to know that it's done with?

Although, I went to try on my dress the other day and saw another girl saying yes to her dress and I did get a twinge of jealousy!!

And I agree - The White Dress is not for everyone, I got my dress there and absolutely love it but I feel like a lof of their dresses are similar (mine is a lace Modern Trousseau) so if you don't love those dresses, you won't love a lot of them at The White Dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful!  Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I love Cassablanca!! My dress Is a casablanca too!! Every time I have tried it on for a fitting or something I fall in love all over again and get so excited to wear it and it really does seem so comfortable to wear!! :)
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • estegemanestegeman member
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous dress!!! That silouette is stunning!!! Love it!!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Your dress is beautiful!! Congrats on finding the dress of your dreams

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! The dress is beautiful!  It's such a great feeling to find THE dress!  
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cdbishopcdbishop member
    edited December 2011
    Yayy congratulations! Such a great feeling.
  • TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, it's gorgeous!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards