Snarky Brides
Options

Other people's weddings

2»

Re: Other people's weddings

• Options
    I've been a Bridesmaid 3 times and the last one is just a good friend's wedding that I had tons o'fun at!

*Notice how I have a different hair color in almost every picture.  ADD at it's best.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That's such a neat cake, Preppy. Fun cakes are the best. we were considering doing something like that.

And now my AW moment, our cake:

• Options

Oooo love the cake Seshat.

I havent been to many weddings, and havent been in one since my sisters when I was 11. She's been married almost 35 years, so no pics.

And the others the files are too big and I dont feel like messing with it. So continue, loving the pics.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks kd. It turned out better than I expected. We ordered it from Publix and when I went the day before to pay, the lady was like, "so what do you want again?" even though I'd already had the consultation. Thankfully she did exactly what i wanted, and then some.
  • Options
    here is me catching the boquet at my BFF's wedding last January:

The pic is from a disposable so it's poor quality but I'm the one in front in green.

Here's one of FI and I at same wedding, after I caught the boquet he caught the garter. Again horrible quality:

I hated that dress with a passion lol the color was "moss" green and only looked good on the size 6 MOH.
    Oct '11 Siggy Challenge: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here you go. Reason #1,000,000 not to do a bouquet toss. You have 3 old ladies, 3 kids, and only one single person in her 30s. AND I have big boobs and need not be photographed in this position. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ah, found another this is a friends back yard wedding several years ago, I did the photography as their gift.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_other-peoples-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d376c028-51d3-46a8-be61-79e096e95e04Post:92c9f685-8cf7-490c-9bb9-c28dfdb0f3cb">Re: Other people's weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here you go. Reason #1,000,000 not to do a bouquet toss. You have 3 old ladies, 3 kids, and only one single person in her 30s. AND I have big boobs and need not be photographed in this position. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I am one of those rare people that will fight people for the boquet, I am always prepared to brawl. Always. Since I was like 12.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_other-peoples-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d376c028-51d3-46a8-be61-79e096e95e04Post:f14ace58-d1ec-48f8-96e1-69103627673a">Re: Other people's weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks kd. It turned out better than I expected. We ordered it from Publix and when I went the day before to pay, the lady was like, "so what do you want again?" even though I'd already had the consultation. Thankfully she did exactly what i wanted, and then some.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Yeah for Publix its where we got our cakes.
  • Options
    me too, tony. I have 6 bouquets, but they didn't seem to work until I got this one. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_other-peoples-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d376c028-51d3-46a8-be61-79e096e95e04Post:1e8b52c5-a7c0-4967-87db-967e4f000e36">Re: Other people's weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]me too, tony. I have 6 bouquets, but they didn't seem to work until I got this one. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I'm the nerd who actually get's dissapointed when they DON'T do a boquet toss at weddings. Like the one I went to couple weekends ago. I was just a little bit sad. LOL.
    At my BFF's in my PP, I literally was throwing elbows to keep the other BM's back.
  • Options
    See, I am the last in my group of friends to get married, so I am usually the only single woman on the floor between the ages of 12 and 70. It gets kind of embarrassing. 
  • Options
    I did in my AW thread. Heres from T's sisters wedding though:
    Our niece eating dessert:

The gorgeous bride:

Dancing!

T& I

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    This is what "honorary bridesmaids" do at rehearsals.

This is what the SO's of the "honorary bridesmaids" do at the rehearsal.

Same wedding, huge bridal party.  (yes, that's 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, 2 flower girls, a ring bearer, a mini bride, and a mini groom) The three "honoraries" aren't in this photo.  (this is the same Church FI and I are getting married in)

The Bride had "cotton eye joe" on her must play list.  It cleared the dance floor, so she grabbed a couple people and made us dance with her.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_other-peoples-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d376c028-51d3-46a8-be61-79e096e95e04Post:a5855b47-e32e-4cbc-a5e4-cd7049e92775">Re: Other people's weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other people's weddings : I'm the nerd who actually get's dissapointed when they DON'T do a boquet toss at weddings. Like the one I went to couple weekends ago. I was just a little bit sad. LOL. At my BFF's in my PP, I literally was throwing elbows to keep the other BM's back.
    Posted by tonyscutieest09[/QUOTE]

We opened the bouquet toss to all women, single or not, and gave a gift card as a prize. In one of the pics, you can see my little 5 year-old cousin in between my MOH (23) and my dad's GF's daughter (11). Cousin has her hands up in the hair, and in the next pic she is being trampled by MOH and GF's daughter (GF's daughter is literally both feet up in the air). it's one of my favorite wedding pics.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_other-peoples-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d376c028-51d3-46a8-be61-79e096e95e04Post:0f70df37-513b-4a82-a0f4-2fbc43316a8b">Re: Other people's weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other people's weddings : We opened the bouquet toss to all women, single or not, and gave a gift card as a prize. In one of the pics, you can see my little 5 year-old cousin in between my MOH (23) and my dad's GF's daughter (11). Cousin has her hands up in the hair, and in the next pic she is being trampled by MOH and GF's daughter (GF's daughter is literally both feet up in the air). it's one of my favorite wedding pics.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Seshat, that's a cool idea. I've been to a lot of wedding's lately that have two tosses, one for the singles and one for the marrieds. The singles get the tradtional boquet and the marrieds are tossed some branch-y looking thing (I'm assuming there is a reason or tradtion behind it). And both winners got a free drink chip  at one wedding.
  • Options
    I always find some reason to be out of the room during the bouquet toss.  Always.  I think they're embarrassing. 
  • Options
    Loved this wedding. Nothing really too crazy but it was my bff and he married the most awesome girl ever!! Plus, Mike and I decided to run their dancefloor.

my dress!!

• Options
    Aww meg, I remember that pic :)
  • Options

I did my bouquet toss as a "wish" bouquet. Whoever got the bouquet had a wish come true, and my toss bouquet was really 7 mini bouquets tied together. Every lady was invited to participate and they seemed to really enjoy it.

Getting ready

Everyone catching. The blonde in the black dress's bf caught the garter. Rumor is he's asking her to marry him when he graduates college in December

• Options
    oh yeah Pirate, I mean I can definitely understand how the bouquet toss can  be awkward. I am not immune to that. BUT it seems to me it is harmless fun more than trying to get people to feel like, "zomg who here is NOT married?!!!" It is just silly more than the judgement people make it out to be. fwiw - I did not do it and I plenty of sinlge friends. It just was not in the cards for me just because we had a big after party planned and it felt awkward to make some big exit.
  • Options
    My lap top is still crapping out, so I am posting pics separately.  Here are a few from the wedding.

Me and the beautiful bride.  I like to chomp at her!

In the hotel before we left.

Jello shots in the party bus...

The bride and groom.

With the father of the bride.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_other-peoples-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d376c028-51d3-46a8-be61-79e096e95e04Post:a5855b47-e32e-4cbc-a5e4-cd7049e92775">Re: Other people's weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other people's weddings : I'm the nerd who actually get's dissapointed when they DON'T do a boquet toss at weddings. Like the one I went to couple weekends ago. I was just a little bit sad. LOL. At my BFF's in my PP, I literally was throwing elbows to keep the other BM's back.
    Posted by tonyscutieest09[/QUOTE]

<div>This does not surprise me.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Meg, are you doing a particular dance in that pic of your dress or did they just catch you during some mad moves? Cool
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    At my BF's sister's wedding, their 15 year old sister caught the bouquet - knocking over the groom's drunk aunt.  Then the garter landed right in the hands of their mother's boyfriend.  Talk about an awkward moment for everyone... the 15 year old had no idea what it meant to catch the bouquet, and when someone told her that her mother's boyfriend was supposed to put the garter on her leg, she made a really priceless face (that was caught on camera by the photographer) and ran to the bathroom crying and wouldn't come out again until her mother volunteered to take her place.  So everyone watched as the MOB had her boyfriend put the garter on her leg... it was awkward.

I am not violently opposed to a bouquet toss, but wouldn't do one myself (and would do my best to avoid being pulled on the dance floor at someone else's wedding).  But I'd never ever consider a garter toss!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_other-peoples-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d376c028-51d3-46a8-be61-79e096e95e04Post:fe3234f0-a00e-42f9-a782-67ed0c745572">Re: Other people's weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meg, are you doing a particular dance in that pic of your dress or did they just catch you during some mad moves?
    Posted by SCBojangles1138[/QUOTE]

Me? In the navy dress? I was doing my Irish Step Dancing for people haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards