Pennsylvania-Central

Suggestions for small second wedding???

Does anyone have any suggestions for a location to have a ceremony and reception for a small second wedding (30-40 people max)??  Thanks!!

Re: Suggestions for small second wedding???

• slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weddings are a big business. Finding smaller venues are hard! It will be most likely hard to find a place that does both your ceremony and reception at the same place for a small amount of people. Do you want both the ceremony & reception at the same spot?

A lot of wedding venues have a min of people (or a min amount spent on food) so make sure you call/ask about this before you visit these places.

IF you want the ceremony & reception at the same place:

Off at the top of my head is Pheasant Run Farm in Lancaster. It's a beautiful place with an outside area for the ceremony and a smaller gathering room for the reception. I think this option is the best for that amount of people and the most budget friendly.

Also the Mulberry Art Studio is a more intimate setting for small weddings. Not sure if they have a budget max but you should check them out.

The Lancaster Country Winery also is a more intimate setting, but they might be a more pricey option.

The Stone Mill Inn in York is also a nice smaller wedding area. And I know they can do weddings under 50 people.

And finally you could try Cameron Estate Inn. They accommodate small weddings inside and out, however they might be a bit pricey for $30 people.

Other than that you could try a hotel. They usually can accommodate small parties for both the ceremony and reception (with some limitations)

Hotels that do this:
    -Cork Factory Hotel in Lancaster
    -Courtyard by Marriott in Lancaster
    -The Eden Resort in Lancaster - they have a max for the courtyard room but have smaller ballrooms available. (some hotels may do this..you may like a room but they might have a min capacity for a certain room and will make you pay more if you don't reach the capacity)
    -Marriott at Penn Square in Lancaster
    -Arts Hotel in Lancaster

Reception at a different place than the ceremony:

You will find that you have more choices if you choose to have the ceremony at a park or church then go to another place for the reception.
    These reception locations will let you have under 50 people but they do not have room for ceremonies:

- The Barn at Overlook
    - Perfect Settings in Columbia
    - Harmony Hall in Middletown
    - John Wright Restaurant in Wrightsville (party room)
    - Elks Lodge in Lancaster

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I see your information says Philadelphia-- is that correct?  Are you looking for somewhere in Philly?  We're the Central PA board.  If you can tell us a more specific location in Central PA, I'm sure we'd love to help :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Open to suggestions around the Lancaster area so thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Look into Perfect Settings in Columbia. Their space was a little small for what I needed it for, but it sounds like it might be just what you need.
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out regents glen in york, the boxwood estate is amazing!  Also perfect settings is wonderful!  Daisy will take fantastic care of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards