Nebraska-Omaha

fall ceremony

I am having a fall wedding next year and am looking for a semi-covered outside venue or rustic indoor location just in case the weather decides not to cooperate. Does anyone know of such a place? My FI and I have looked at city parks and might just have to rent a tent in case of rain, but I would rather not have to do that...

Re: fall ceremony

• bpodlebpodle member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012

I've seen weddings at the OPPD Arboretum; really beautiful location and no charge from what I've heard. Here's the website: http://www.oppd.com/AimGreen/Trees/Arboretum/index.htm 

That website isn't very informative, but if you google "OPPD Arboretum weddings" you'll see some beautiful photos and covered areas available. There's a power source avalable if you run an extension cord so you can even have a microphone for your vows.

Check out this live wedding ceremony musician www.songoftheheartmusic.com She brings the piano and sound system where she goes, indoor or outdoor and does your cocktail hour music afterwards. She did our weddding and we loved her.
    Good luck!
    Brooke

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_fall-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:193df29f-050a-4f4c-947e-513d217cd588Post:5a47d8e2-e392-4be9-ac50-f7720031c7a5">fall ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a fall wedding next year and am looking for a semi-covered outside venue or rustic indoor location just in case the weather decides not to cooperate. Does anyone know of such a place? My FI and I have looked at city parks and might just have to rent a tent in case of rain, but I would rather not have to do that...
    Posted by krystalbreuer[/QUOTE]

If you would like information on a little-known reception hall just minutes from Omaha, please let me know. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_fall-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:193df29f-050a-4f4c-947e-513d217cd588Post:5a47d8e2-e392-4be9-ac50-f7720031c7a5">fall ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a fall wedding next year and am looking for a semi-covered outside venue or rustic indoor location just in case the weather decides not to cooperate. Does anyone know of such a place? My FI and I have looked at city parks and might just have to rent a tent in case of rain, but I would rather not have to do that...
    Posted by krystalbreuer[/QUOTE]

FI and I are having a summer wedding at Country Pines, but actually just went out there the other day to have another look.  It is still pretty in the wall. You can have it inside or outside (or both) dependig on the size, and the outside area for the reception is completely covered.  It is at a vineyard and s just outside of Lincoln, but really easy to get to from the interstate and they are very reasonable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out www.willowcreekglasschapel.com They now have a place for receptions too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards