I haven't posted in ages, but our wedding this past Saturday was the best wedding I've ever been to! Two aspects I feel compelled to review are our photographer and venue.
Photographer: Chasing Lilies Photography (from Madison)
Casey Hein of Chasing Lilies is incredible! Her communication was super-fast and helpful (we booked her while living abroad in Korea). Her professionalism was unsurpassed. She arrived on time and instantly made all of us feel relaxed and comfortable with her easy-going and fun personality and creative ideas. To top it off, she posted our photos TWO DAYS after the event, and we had the dvd with all the images FIVE DAYS after. Talk about fast! AND the images we got blew our minds. Absolutely stunning! She has excellent photojournalism skills. I was expecting having to wait at least two weeks! We were on a budget, so we opted for an ala carte choice: $200 per hour for five hours with retouched images, a dvd, and full reproduction rights. Please, please, please visit her website! www.chasingliliesphotography.com
Brocach Irish Pub & Restaurant (Water St. Milwaukee)
A few fantastic things about Brocach:
1. We got to use the entire second floor (inside and outside patio)
2. NO (and I mean NO) food & beverage minimums to meet, and NO fee for using the space!!!
3. We spent $2700 (including gratuity) on two family-style entrees (plus sides and salad) and hosted Lakefront beer and wine from 4pm-midnight for a party of 52. We were thrilled with how affordable it was!
4. Brocach extends all happy hour pricing specials to their private parties, so we were able to have two hours of happy hour pricing on our alcohol during our event.
5. The staff was amazing. So friendly, so conscientious, very professional.
6. Brocach was fantastic about letting us do some decorating the day before the event.
So for all you budget brides out there, I strongly encourage you to check out Casey at Chasing Lilies and Brocach. I never thought I would be SO satisfied with my wedding!