Favors

fall favor ideas

I'm trying to think of an edible favor for my fall wedding.  Which of the following would you most like to receive, or do you have a better idea for me?

Re: fall favor ideas

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Before I even read your poll, I was thinking of maple sugar candy, so maple fudge....delicious.  Hmm, but I also like kettle corn, and caramels.  Okay.  I'm no help at all.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • MidgetthMidgetth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ilike the kettle corn it seems to go with fall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mmm, fudge....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

I'm getting married in the fall and we were thinking of doing Candy Apples.  Decided on going with CD's instead, but I loved the idea of candy apples for fall.

• edited December 2011

fleur de sel caramels....amazing.  I'd be snatching from other tables.

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in the fall and we are doing apple cider bottles
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking some sort of leaf cookies, you can put them in a box and tie a bow on it with a little thank you tag. You would only have to put a couple in a box and you can find cute little boxes :-) Also, everyone loves food/ cookies :-)
    PersonalMilestone Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Out of all of your options I like the caramels the most.  :)

For mu daughter's wedding last October we bought the Lindor Truffles and put them in orange or chocolate brown favor boxes, tied with cream ribbon.  The guests really liked them.
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love caramel! 
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in fall. We are most likely doing candy corn. I wanted to do carmel apples at first but my sisters BF mentioned a lot of people will be dressed up and kids are not so clean when it comes to carmel. I was bummed to not be able to do that, but it's a good point. Last thing I want is to have my nephews or neice come give me a big hug with carmel fingers on my wedding dress. Undecided
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011

love the maple sugar candy idea, but got sidetracked while on a site and have decided on maple syrup

also love the candied apple idea

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about caramel apples, but they are messy and hard to eat without getting sticky fingers, so I thought caramels would get that fall flavor with less mess.  And I love fleur de sel.
  • jaertkerjaertker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend put personalized Us weekly magazines in her gift bags at the hotel/favors. They were 8 page cute magazines with articles about the couple, the proposal, interviews with the Best Man and MOH, etc...quotes from family m embers, etc. Super cute and so entertaining to read!!  I can find out who she used to make them, but it was really the most unique idea.
  • edited December 2011
    Maple fudge!  Maple fudge!  Maple fudge!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a MI girl, so I say fudge!
  • edited December 2011

I am also getting married in the fall and we've decided to fill little boxes full of Hershey Miniatures which are already fall colored :)  The picture below is from the website; we are using burgundy and brown ribbon, then will put a small piece of tissue paper in each box and fill them with around 8 miniatures.  I figure if people don't eat them/take them, those are easy to save.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married in September, and we're making little jars of jam and leaf shaped shortbread cookies. Not necessarily fall themed, but something kinda different and homemade.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing maple sugar candy. 

Out of your options, I like the fudge. :)
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_fall-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:c96c8ad4-5cce-4852-bc25-afab9a67ef10Post:c65ec3e0-e6a1-488f-a637-c58c8fa618d5">Re: fall favor ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking some sort of leaf cookies, you can put them in a box and tie a bow on it with a little thank you tag. You would only have to put a couple in a box and you can find cute little boxes :-) Also, everyone loves food/ cookies :-)
    Posted by Shepherdjel[/QUOTE]

I'm doing this but w/ hearts!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    caramel apples
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards