North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Reviews of the Carolina Inn

I am thinking about having my wedding at the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill.  Any advice or suggestions?

Re: Reviews of the Carolina Inn

• edited December 2011
    I am also having my wedding at the Carolina Inn (December 4). So far, both the social catering managers (who you will be dealing with) have been EXCELLENT!!! We are also having the ceremony there as well and we have run into a few issues with finding a big enough space at the Inn without paying a boat load of money to reserve another room. They were incredible and came up with numerous ideas for us to choose from and we found the perfect compromise for our ceremony! I am so happy I chose the Carolina Inn because they take care of everything for you! And it's also nice that their packages include EVERYTHING (and I mean eveything), so you know exactly what you're paying for just by multiplying the number by your total number of guests. A few of my friends have gotten married there and they have all said the same thing; having a wedding at the Carolina Inn is so easy to plan and it's a gorgeous spot too! 

Good luck and hope this helps!
  • LizO2010LizO2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I got married there in 2006 and we really loved it. Everyone raved about it. We had my ceremony in the garden and the the reception in the old well room. It was so nice, we did the highest package and then added all the possible upgrades, including the premium open bar, raw bar, prime rib, etc. I really liked the wedding planner but they were not available to "run the show" with the ceremony and reception so I did hire a day of planner.

The only 2 bad things I found were that they messed up and didn't serve the wine we had paid for and the carving station did not have prime rib, they didn't upgrade that. We ended up getting a refund. The other thing was I slept there before the night before the  wedding and the walls were really thin and there were weddings partying  ALL.NIGHT.LONG. So I asked to move to a quieter room like at 1:00am. So if you stay there as for a quiet spot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dancr214dancr214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to several weddings at the Carolina Inn and they have all been wonderful.  They are the ultimate wedding machine!  If you want to be the only bride getting married there that day though, don't count on it.  There catering managers are amazing, the food is always great, and the service is impecable.  I would highly recommend it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards