October 2013 Weddings
Options

photobooth

Hey everyone!
So we plan on having a photobooth for our wedding.  I already have it for one hour but I want to add more hours to it.  I just want people to have enough time and to actually use it.  We will be using it for our guest book as well.  I told my photographer I wanted another 3 hours but he said that may be too long.  My other question is do I start it during the cocktail hour?  or do I wait until after the dinner and dancing?  I would like people on the dance floor instead of waiting in line for a photo booth.
Follow Me on Pinterest
July 2007 Photobucket
october 2012 Photobucket

Re: photobooth

• Options
    The friends of mine that used a photobooth had it from cocktail hour until about 10 pm dinners here are normally around 6pm. So Idk why they told you 4 hours was too long.

• Options
    I love the idea of a photobooth too! I see most packages for them advertised for 3 or 4 hours so the 1 hour sounds short, at least for what I've seen. They have them on Groupon a lot and I plan to watch out for them come the fall. The Groupons usually expire 1 year after purchase or else I would have snatched one up already. Maybe keep your eyes open for something like this and nix the photog doing it? Logistically speaking, I've never seen a problem with them and I've seen them up and running during the majority of reception. Maybe if it's in a place where people can see it from the dance floor or the bar, that will keep them from constantly wondering over to try to get it? I definitely think if it's only for 1 hour people might try to get to it all at once, and you'd probably have a lot of people skip it all together to avoid the line.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    millersox2184millersox2184 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    The photobooth that I rented for my wedding has unlimited hours and he sets up the booth for cocktail hour until the last person leaves.  I do not think 4 hours is too long at all.  That seems to be the normal amount of time that most booths rent for.  I think 1 hour is not going to be enough time at all and most people won't even get a chance to use it.  The photobooth I am using is out of RI but they travel to all parts of New England for a small travel fee.  It is called SeeMonkey Photobooth.  They are very reasonable and do not have any time constraints, plus they do the scrapbook as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Options
    shannie11shannie11 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Thank you everyone for your advice! I decided to go with just having it for three hours, which will end up costing us $500.  I think that is reasonable. I think that will be long enough.   It will open during cocktail hour, through dinner(but will stop during our first dance) and then just one hour into dancing.  I want people to use it and enjoy it but I don't want it to become the main focus of the night.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards