Pre-wedding Parties

Best favor you ever received?

Not sure how many of you ladies have been bridesmaids a million times before, but I'm married and this is my first time in charge of shower favors! What are the top ideas you've seen? (Looking at around 20 people, the theme is to buy a book to go with every gift - but the favor doesn't have to be related necessarily.) Thanks!

Re: Best favor you ever received?

• KappaKKappaK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best one I got was candy.  It was this gourmet chocolate with hazelnut and toffee, very yummy.
  • burkam04burkam04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my friends bridal shower we bought 4 cookie jars and filled each with a different kind of M & M.  We found cute kids beach shovels in her wedding colors and used those to scoop the M & Ms.  We left little tags with the type of M & Ms and directions for filling and let the guests scoop as much or as little as they wanted.  We got great feedback and didn't waste a lot of our time putting things together.

Since the theme is books, it might be fun to do some type of bookmark.  One of the shower activities could be create your own.

Just some ideas, hope that helps!
  • redraspberryredraspberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chocolate!
    Can't wait for our wedding in Banff! I am truly marrying my best friend :).
  • marcyvmarcyv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a party sash from Jamella Day. They were customized sashes with all our different names and we wore them out for the Bachelorette party (our big night on the town)
  • abissolabissol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was actually my bridal favor.  Caramel n choclate dipped pears.  Wrapped and labeled "The Perfect Pair"
  • edited December 2011
    I was told by our reception hall not to do candy... because it never gets eaten... just left at the hall.
  • crazy4u201crazy4u201 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a cd with love sons on it.. the cover had a picture of the couple.  They also had candles on the tables used as decoration but packaged for everyone to take home... it was a mini wedding cake candle.  Very cute
  • gemmercurybrigemmercurybri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a Garden Bridal Shower and we all received Hosta plants that were planted in these little pink, yellow, or green tin paint buckets. I still have it to this day as I planted it in my backyard.

Another one that I received was measuring spoons. I can never have enough of those and I actually use them. It was real cute too because they were marked as "A heap of love", "A spoonful of affection", "A dash of tenderness", and "A pinch of joy".

Chocoloate is always a way to go too. It is usually inexpensive and will most definitely be eaten especially if it is an all women bridal shower.

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards