Georgia-Savannah

Gazebo Weddings of Savannah Reviews?

I want to use Gazebo Weddings of Savannah to plan my destination wedding but I would like to hear some reviews about them before I put any deposits down. 

I got in touch with Cyndy at Gazebo Weddings and the main thing I'm concerned about is there will be no written contract.  She said that I would cut them the deposit check and that she would email me a confirmation, and the confirmation would be the contract.

Has anyone used Gazebos Weddings of Savannah? How was the service?

Anything you have to say would be great because it is getting down to the wire for us to put deposits down.

Re: Gazebo Weddings of Savannah Reviews?

• chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with them, and decided against them because A) Their place was IMPOSSIBLE to find and I didn't want my guests getting lost in the middle of nowhere and B) I wanted to use a ceremony I had written and Rudy, who is the husband and would be performing the ceremony, said he prefers to use his own ceremony but MIGHT consider a FEW MINOR changes.  For the biggest day of my life, I wanted something more meaningful.

I know that Rudy is the one who does the ceremonies for a lot of the B&B's in Savannah - maybe see if you can go through them to get a contract.  Or just tell GWS that you're not comfortable without having one and draw one up yourself and see if they'll sign it.  I know I would NEVER plan a wedding without a contract with such an important vendor!!!

Have you checked out Coastal Savannah Weddings?  They have smaller packages as well, are very fairly priced, and have been AMAZING to work with so far!
  • edited December 2011
    On the website for Gazebo Weddings it looks like they will perform the weddings in other locations also.. I was also curious about them, they show Forsyth Park on their site & that is really where I am leaning towards getting married at.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't book through Gazebo Weddings, but Rudy did our ceremony at the Presidents' Quarters B&B, and I really liked him and what he said during the ceremony--I was really happy with it.

They did a ceremony at Forsyth Park just before ours, and we ended up having to postpone our ceremony for half an hour so Rudy and Cyndy go could home and change since they got caught in a downpour.  It wasn't a problem for us, but be aware depending on what you book, you might not be their only client that day.
  • edited December 2011

Thank you chosen 175 for letting me know about not being able to personalize my ceremony.  Being able to do what I want to do for the ceremony is a big thing for me. It seems like I'm having a hard time finding anyone within my price range that I will be able to work with so I'm thinking of other places such as Tybee Island.

Has anyone heard of or used TybeeIslandwedding.com?  Any reviews for them?

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Tybee Island Weddings does a great job.  Also, look at Tybee Jack Weddings and Savannah Wedding Chappel.  The Judge Basemore, a retired judge with Savannah Wedding Chappel, married my husband and I on Tybee.  He was great.  He will travel to other locations in the area. 
    Also, the Tybee Wedding Chapple should be open sometime this spring.  The chappel was featured in the movie The Last Song.  It was since moved to a new location and renovated. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I met with the owners of Tybee Island Wedding and they seemed very nice but my fiancee and I decided we wanted to get married downtown instead of on the beach. We ended up going with Coastal Savannah Weddings and have been very happy so far! We were able to get a custom package, which gave us more options but for a cheaper price. Chad, the owner has been very helpful in the planning process! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards