West Virginia

venues

I am looking for somewhere in the Charleson or Huntington, WV area (inexpensive) for the wedding ceremony and reception.  We are planning to get married in June 2013, so we've got time to decide.  I would prefer somewhere that does not have a huge limit on outside vendors.  If anyone has any ideas, please share :) thanks 

Re: venues

• edited December 2011
    I used Coonskin Park in Charleston. They do not have their own vendors, though they do provide a list of suggested caterers. I didn't use anyone from that list and paid a $50 fee, but that was it. If you're interested in an outside ceremony, they have a wedding garden for $100, or you can use the rooms in the clubhouse. There are two rooms directly across from each other, so you could do a ceremony in one and reception in another. Those rooms are $500 for four hours.

There are also several beautiful churches in Charleston and Huntington, but I'm not sure of their policies. Ritter Park in Huntington is also nice. If you're wedding is small, I would suggest the rose garden.

Hope that helps!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got married in Charleston in 2008.  The best thing about my wedding was our photographer- Holly Bond Farrell.  She ROCKS.  She is so laid back and easy to work with.  I have to sing her praises.
    http://hbfphoto.com/
    If you give her a shout- tell her Cathy and Robert say hi! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards