New Jersey

Bergen County Make up artists

Hi--I'm looking for any recommendations regarding Make-up artists that will travel to my locaton for my wedding day in the Bergen County area. I'm looking for NATURAL looking makeup. I want to look like myself only better on my wedding day. I went for one trial recently and I swear I looked terrible. This artist came highly recommended too.
Thanks!

Re: Bergen County Make up artists

• I am working with Donna Massa! I have to say my trial was amazing!! She did a very natural look on me which is what I wanted as well. She does trials out of her home in North Arlington.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Alyne from MAC in Macy's at Garden State Plaza.  She came to my location which was in Essex County.  She is absolutely amazing.  You can't go wrong.
  • I'm going with Michelle from Pink Comb Salon. I loved my trial and I'm definitely a no-makeup kind of girl so I wanted a very natural look. I think she did a great job of making me look like me but glammed up a bit.
  • Donna was Amazing Face and Lucious Locks!  She's incredible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I highly recommend Jillyan Scarpa! I went to 3 other trials and felt like a clown leaving each one. Jill nailed the perfect natural look for me. Not only does she do amazing work, she is also the sweetest person. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Dawn Giuliano was my makeup artist. She was amazing at my trial, on our wedding day, and every other time I've had my makeup done by her. She works at the Doir makeup counter in Neimum Marcus at the Garden State Plaza mall. I highly recommend her. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for all these raving reviews.  Before I contact any of them, however, I'd like to know how much they are charging for trial/day of.  Can anyone help with that info?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bergen-county-make-up-artists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:3f671558-67fc-426e-8f60-767838b9360dPost:4363c48e-eeb9-4f56-9075-6e950ae53da7">Re: Bergen County Make up artists</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all these raving reviews.  Before I contact any of them, however, I'd like to know how much they are charging for trial/day of.  Can anyone help with that info?
    Posted by sobosam[/QUOTE]

<div>Day of the wedding was $150 for me. For anyone else it was $90. The trial didn't have a true cost since I went to the Dior makeup counter where she worked to get it done. But I did buy the lipstick, lipliner, and gloss that we were going to use the day of the wedding so that I could do touchups as the day went on. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Christine from color makeup is located in pearl river which is close to Bergen. She is amazing and very reasonably priced! Www.colormakeupstudio.com
  • Thank you everyone for your recommendations!!  I did schedule a trial with one of the recommended vendors.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!
  • Prices for Donna were about:
    $150 for day of bridal hair
    $150 for day of bridal make up
    $75 for make up for bridal party
    $75 for hair for bridal party

I believe her trial was $100 or 150 for hair and make up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My trial I believe cost 50, which included airbrush and lashes. The day of I paid 150, which included the travel fee. My bridesmaids each paid 75 which included airbrush and lashes. Also, some of my girls decided to just get there eyes done up for 30.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards