Mississippi
Options

Favorite Dishes

Tell me, what are your favorite dishes or what dishes are you dying to try? If you have links to recipes, feel free to post those.

Re: Favorite Dishes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is SUPER simple but one of my new favorite recipes (if you can call it that). Marinade chicken tenders in McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning and honey. I cook it in my cast iron grill pan over medium high heat. Super simple and something that my fi will actually eat!
  • Options
    LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a horrible cook, but I make "Epic Mac and Cheese"

It's amazing. I get so many compliments on it.

1 lb elbow macaroni
    1 c milk
    2 (12 oz) cans of evap milk
    3 eggs
    2 sticks of butter, cut into small pieces
    1 lb jack and colby cheese (freshly shredded!)
    1/2 lb mild cheddar (freshly shredded!)
    1 lb velveeta (cut into small chunks)
    salt to taste
    1 c sharp cheddar (freshly shredded!)

Preheat oven to 350*
    Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil, cook pasta. Drain and set aside.
    In a medium bowl, combine milk, evap milk, eggs, mix with fork until combined.
    Put butter, Jack and Colby, Mild Cheddar and velveeta in a large bowl. Add pasta and mix.
    Place pasta/cheese mix in 2 casserole dishes (or, a big huge one. I use the disposable roasting pans - perfect fit!) then pour milk/egg mixture over the top.
    Season with salt and pepper.
    Sprinkle sharp cheddar over the top.

Bake for 30-45 minutrs - til it's browned.

Serves 20.

NOM.
  • Options
    fuzzisfuzzis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh. I love to cook, and I have a ton of favorites.

I'm dying to have some of this right now...so very good with some warm pita bread.

I also do a fabulous carnitas...there are two ways to do it, oven or crock pot.

You'll need a pork shoulder roast or a boston butt.
    oranges
    cumin
    garlic
    salsa verde

The prep for oven or crockpot is the same...put the roast in your pan or crock. Coat it in mince garlic and toss in a ton of cumin. Slice the oranges (I usually use 2) , leaving the rind on. Layer that over the top. Pour on the salsa verde (if you use the 16 oz jar, one of those should do it. If you can only find the small cans, use 3-4).

If you're doing it in the crockpot, turn it on high and walk away for the day. If you're doing it in the oven, turn it on to 250 and let it cook for 5-6 hours.

When it's done and cooled off, you'll shred it like you would to make pulled pork. Then you're going to pop the shredded pork back in the oven for half an hour or so to crisp up a little.

We eat it with tortillas and sour cream and salsa along side rice and beans made with the juices from the roast (the cumin and garlic make for delicious flavors).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmm that mac and cheese sounds delicious!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    deckle&fleckdeckle&fleck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_mississippi_favorite-dishesrecipeswant-tries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:99Discussion:0c221d68-e085-480d-ac24-8c651762543cPost:71fe5557-4a1c-4126-8ec7-d99e7549c059">Favorite Dishes/Recipes/Want to tries</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell me, what are your favorite dishes or what dishes are you dying to try? If you have links to recipes, feel free to post those
    Posted by deckle&fleck[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you started using Pinterest yet? I'm normally on E and the girls there pin some of the most delicious stuff!! If you need an invite, let me know - you'll get so many great ideas!

also - I've been using SkinnyTaste.Com for my weight loss endeavors and I've yet to have something not delicious - i suggest the zucchini turkey burgers and the turkey meatballs...nom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards