Colorado

Can't decide on a wedding location

We are looking for a mountain setting for a combined ceremony and reception. It will only be around 50 people.
What are your opinions on Keystone Resort?
Also Estes Park Condos?

Most of the people are from out of town so need something with rooms?

Edit: So I finally found out what my parents want to spend on my wedding $5000 not including the dress. So if you know of somewhere please let me know.
June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Can't decide on a wedding location

• susieqt757susieqt757 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love love love Keystone!! We wanted a mountain wedding, but couldn't afford a large wedding up there! Totally go for Keystone!!
  • edited December 2011
    My suggestion is go all inclusive. It will be cheaper. Will Basin Lodge is 90 dollars a person but includes everything excet alcohol. I'm at Snow Mountain Ranch at the Y you might want to try there.
  • FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much. I have looked at Wild Basin and really liked it but my mom wasn't a fan of it. I guess I need to start convincing again.

• edited December 2011
    I've heard really good things about Wild Basin, I think you get EXCEPTIONAL service for the price, and you don't have to worry about things going over since almost everythign is included.
  • edited December 2011
    I used to work for Wild Basin - only quit because I couldn't take the commute from Boulder.  Denice and Nils are INCREDIBLY nice people, and the staff is amazing.  I've seen some really gorgeous weddings there, and everyone at the lodge really goes out of their way to make each one special.  :)
  • FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much. I really want to go there and that's why I have considered switching to April. How is the weather then, is it still snowy there in April?

• edited December 2011
    Fbrandye you have a PM
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park is beautiful, with two different location for the ceremony. The only draw back is no booze. But it is very well priced!
  • jenniferwolfejenniferwolfe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aspen Lodge in Estes Park is pretty, and has a couple different locations for ceremonies, etc.  Plus, a lodge for rooms and small cabins, too!  Very pretty and right outside of Estes Park.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_cant-decide-wedding-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:632Discussion:c28854b0-1196-4f67-8686-dd2ac0952861Post:d0f493fe-ffdc-4d83-a929-e00e3bc58ace">Re: Can't decide on a wedding location</a>:
    [QUOTE]The YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park is beautiful, with two different location for the ceremony. The only draw back is no booze. But it is very well priced!
    Posted by jacksoncrary[/QUOTE]

You can bring in your own booze.  My misgiving with the YMCA in Estes Park is their extreme lack of communication.  It took us 2 months just to get a reply from them.  Additionally, they decided to change their requirements for wedding bookings *as they were talking to us*, doubling the venue price, also requiring their catering.  I have a feeling they hate having weddings there and are trying to discourage it. 

Considering all this, there was no way we'd book that.  I'd go with a more expensive place (e.g., EP condos) just to avoid these people (this from a gal who loves saving $$).

Side note- the Snow Mtn Ranch people, while a  little unorganized, were really nice and much more amenable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards